SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Sage Icon

Sage Media Center 3.0?

Hi all, no one can probably talk about this but I was wondering if there was any word on availability of this device that went into beta early in the year? I am seriously considerring getting a MediaReady 5000 but would prefer to wait a little if I knew this was coming out. Any info/updates/word...anything--we haven't heard a single thing since Feb.
Thanks
JUC

At least its not another 'where's studio thread'
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 10-26-2005, 10:43 AM
Sage User

JUC,

Depending on your application, you may want to stay away from the MeadiaReady 5000. It's fan is way too loud. I was planning to use it in a bedroom setting but the noise is completely unsatisfactory.

Take care.
Howard
Old 10-26-2005, 10:53 AM
Sage Icon

howard, thanks--that is what I have gatherred from the mediaready thread. But, i would be using this in my living room and it would replace my shuttle--which isn't really loud--but not necessarily quiet either. Any idea on the return policy?
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Old 10-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

I thought that Sage Media Center 3.0 was just the name of the next version of SageTV. Is there a hardware device being sold as Sage Media Center?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:25 PM
Administrator

Regarding this announcement from a while back, I think you would have to contact SageTV directly to see if there is an update about it. However, nothing further has been announced, as far as I know.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:46 AM
Sage User

MediaReady 5000 noise

JUC,

I misunderstood your shuttle reference. I thought you were considering the MediaReady vs. the "newly announced" Shuttle M 1000. Shuttle M 1000.

From a very unscientific measurement (using the Radio Shack Sound Power Meter (analog) on a tripod), I'm seeng between 54 and 56 dB @ about 1 foot. If you have one of these meters, you may want to see how it compares to your shuttle system.

I don't know anything about VWB's return policy on the MediaReady 5000. I've been having some difficulty getting a response from technical support. I like the box, so I'm hoping they have a "fix" for reducing the fan noise.

Good luck with your choice.
Howard
Old 10-27-2005, 09:56 AM
Sage Icon

Howard, thanks for the info on noise--i'm not really sure of the dB of my shuttle and unfortunately have no way of checking. As far as the Shuttle M1000--looks like a nice little SFF machine but for $2000---that is just crazy!!!

also, got a reply from sagetv about the Media Center console and they mentioned they are no where near a release date so go with the MeadiaReady---not sure if I want to make the move yet but it is tempting.
JUC

Old 10-28-2005, 09:07 AM
Sage Expert

Yeah, it's 2 grand with 512mb of DRAM and a 6600LE