SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Studio - Irony???

Ok, Seeing that it is "part" of sage. Is the ultimate irony that with all our begging over the last few years to get it, that we always had it???

Old 11-02-2005, 08:09 AM
SageTV Co-Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by edbmdave
Ok, Seeing that it is "part" of sage. Is the ultimate irony that with all our begging over the last few years to get it, that we always had it???

Nothing wrong with wishful thinking but the integration of the Studio with SageTV is the reason for the Version 4.0 release.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
what about version 3 :)

I was very excited to see the news this morning about version 4. What happened to version 3 I recently purchased SageTV version 2.2.8, and have been reading on the forums for past few weeks about various things.

I was just curious why the jump from 3.x to 4.x

And here is a dumb question, seeing as I just bought 2.x like a week or so ago, do I get upgrade price or what? I hope so.

THANKS

PS
I cant wait to get 4.0 going. And I am shocked that this infamous *Studio* that I have been reading about is now available to everyone. A lot of people were talking about it. It seems like a big surprise that we can actually get it now. I will really enjoy learning about it, and using it!!!

Am I dreaming?
Old 11-02-2005, 08:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

My guess is that rolling in studio is enough new capability to make the version jump. I mean adding studio isn't exactly a 3.0.14 to 3.1 kind of change in functionality
Old 11-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Administrator

steingra: just download v4 & install over your current version. (after doing a backup of the current installation first, of course.)

And, yeah, the newly included Studio seems like a good reason to go up a version.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-02-2005, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by steingra
I was just curious why the jump from 3.x to 4.x
See Dan's post, V4 is SageTV V3 + Studio.

Quote:
And here is a dumb question, seeing as I just bought 2.x like a week or so ago, do I get upgrade price or what? I hope so.
Yup, you get the special upgrade price of $0.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:33 AM
SageTVaholic

So, for simple menu rearranging (nothing too fancy), is it still desirable to use dynamic menus?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-02-2005, 11:43 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
So, for simple menu rearranging (nothing too fancy), is it still desirable to use dynamic menus?
I would imagine that using the dynamic menus import would allow quicker transitions between incremental updates of SageTV, otherwise you would have to redo your changes each time the default .stv changes.
Old 11-08-2005, 03:39 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
yes (but then I would say that)...I originally wrote the dynamic menus for myself (to replace myHTPC) so even though I use studio, i find the dynamic menu system easier...

as Malore says, you will not need to redo changes each time a new Sage version comes out.
and you don't have to learn studio for executing external programs, and for creating new sub-menus
and you get the bonus of icons, upcomming recordings and video preview window.

In the lates dynamic menus import, re-ordering menu items and copy/paste between menu pages can be done within Sage, so no more XML editing!
Old 11-08-2005, 05:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielm
In the lates dynamic menus import, re-ordering menu items and copy/paste between menu pages can be done within Sage, so no more XML editing!
Can you please elaborate! where is this documented?
Old 11-08-2005, 06:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas
Can you please elaborate! where is this documented?
Highlight a menu item ; Options/right-click ; edit this menu page ; Modify...
popup menu now includes move up/down/copy/rename/delete
To paste, copy something, then Add, and the popup includes a 'paste' button... Makes moving things around much easier...

Documented in the wiki (Customisation section)