SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Sage Expert

3 Pane Music Library

I made a 3 Pane Music Library for myself because I just like that format but just wanted to share with you guys if anybody else wanted soemthign similar.
Pretty much like most 3 pane music screens like what you might find in iTunes or JRMC.

Some Notes:

-Keyboard Listeners all over the place. In the Artist and Albums, you can type in letters (keyboard only) to get to an artist that starts with that letter. For the Track Listings pane, you can enter a number to set the focus to that number

-Uses left and right to navigate between panes. Up and down only scrolls within the pane. Hitting "left" from the artist pane will take you into the Music Library page. Hitting "right" from the Track Listing pane will bring up a play dialog box. This dialog box can also be brought up by hitting enter in the Track Listing Pane

-Utilizes its own playlist such that it loads everything in the TrackListings Pane and will start play from wherever you click.

-Clicking on Now Playing with the mouse will "refresh" the screen so that the TrackListing of the currently playing song will come up.

-Disabled the "Back" function since I never figured out an error I was having. Every time I backed out of the menu, I never got it to focus on the menu again

-Albums are sorted by name but I personalyl have it so that they are sorted by the year in my setup. I have went ahead and remarked this out in the STV and am planning on making this an option when I get some free time to work on this.

EDIT: I just uploaded a version that has a sort feature. apparantly it wasn't that difficult to add.

Let me know about any questions or problems. I guess I can field requests but since you have the means, you can probably handle them yourself. and if anybody makes modifications, I guess the new format can be to post the modifications.

have fun with this
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3pane_release.JPG (139.3 KB, 554 views)
Attached Files
File Type: stvi 3paneMusic.stvi (42.1 KB, 240 views)

Last edited by abasu2003; 11-02-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:23 PM
Sage Icon

Looks like the studio release has awoken new blood already.

I'll have to give this a try.
Old 11-02-2005, 04:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by abasu2003
I made a 3 Pane Music Library for myself because I just like that format but just wanted to share with you guys if anybody else wanted soemthign similar.
Pretty much like most 3 pane music screens like what you might find in iTunes or JRMC.

Let me know about any questions or problems. I guess I can field requests but since you have the means, you can probably handle them yourself. and if anybody makes modifications, I guess the new format can be to post the modifications.

have fun with this
I like the look of this.
I'll give it a try as soon as I can get 4.0 up and running.

It'll be a few days (weeks?) before I am able to get a handle on Studio and make my own mod's and the music library is first on my list. Since you already have done this can you tell me how hard it would be to support tags other than Track # & Name, Artist and Album? I want to at least add support for the Album Artist and Date tags for my WMA collection so I can sort by Album Artist and sub-sort by Date. Support for other tags is also on my list but of less priority. Eventually, I want to be able to show the Track # & Name, Album Artist, Artist, Composer, Conductor, Genre, Period, Album, and Date tags.

I assume that, if I wanted, I could start with your STVi and go from there.

Also, the music library thru RC3 was extremely slow and unresponsive often taking 20-25 minutes to scroll down one screen. Has the V4 release fixed this?
Old 11-02-2005, 04:38 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard
I like the look of this.
I'll give it a try as soon as I can get 4.0 up and running.

It'll be a few days (weeks?) before I am able to get a handle on Studio and make my own mod's and the music library is first on my list. Since you already have done this can you tell me how hard it would be to support tags other than Track # & Name, Artist and Album? I want to at least add support for the Album Artist and Date tags for my WMA collection so I can sort by Album Artist and sub-sort by Date. Support for other tags is also on my list but of less priority. Eventually, I want to be able to show the Track # & Name, Album Artist, Artist, Composer, Conductor, Genre, Period, Album, and Date tags.

I assume that, if I wanted, I could start with your STVi and go from there.

Also, the music library thru RC3 was extremely slow and unresponsive often taking 20-25 minutes to scroll down one screen. Has the V4 release fixed this?
As far as time, the scrolling is really quick (at least with my screen ) and I have close to 70GB of music.

As far as support for tag reading, you can check out what api calls are built into Sage at http://download.sage.tv/api/index.html, specifically in the AlbumAPI section. There is AlbumArtist and Genre but not much else by way of what you want to do. I guess a lot of the players I mentioned have a Genre pane but I dont' have any of my genre's tagged in music collection so I havent' really made it a priority. Wouldn't be too hard I suppose to make one and was technically on my (very short) to do list but I kind of dont' watn to spend the time on making something I'm not going to use, especially if someone else can do it.
Old 11-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Sage Icon

I'm glad to hear that the scrolling is working better for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works for me too since I have almost a TB of music.

Also glad to hear there is support for the AlbumArtist tag as that is by far the most important for me. Second is date so I can subsort an AlbumArtist by Date. The rest of the tags would be a bonus but not necessary.

Now that we all have Studio we can all pitch in although keeping up with the soon to be greatly expanded list of imports will be tough. I know I'll be doing my own customizations and sharing them with whoever wants them.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

i'm assuming this is an import?

given the size I guess I already know thanks, this looks really nice

BRING ON THE IMPORTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC

Last edited by JUC; 11-03-2005 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:10 AM
Sage Icon

I like it! Nice job abasu. For those who may be wondering...this adds the 3 pane option to the music screen, it doesn't replace it. So if you don't like it after importing it, you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

P
Old 02-21-2006, 03:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

This is a great interface improvement! it should be added to the downloads section.

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor