SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 11-07-2005, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Andy, I purposefully added carriage returns so I can see each line displayed separately before trying to combine lines together. I also made room in the display area for testing so I can see all that I've added

Once I know the syntax is correct for the items I want added, I can try to start combining the displayed text with dashes, commas, etc.

Thanks!

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Administrator

I just realized that it is hard to tell from what you posted, but I'll bet all the new lines you added have a yellow indicator in the action widget icon. See p. 12 of the Studio manual for info on Widget Chain Types. Keep your new actions as part of the parent-child-child-text tree, so that each one is a child of the one above it.

Tutorial #7, p. 89, should also cover some of this info.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, I already have my new actions as part of the parent-child-child-text tree, so that each one is a child of the one above it as explained in the manual (Widget Chain Types).

I just need help with the syntax for the actual API calls with the conditions mentioned. I made my best guesses based on existing API calls/conditions mentioned elsewhere.

Any chance I could convince you to take a closer look to the lines I added? I basically typed from scratch my own conditions and just not sure if I did it correctly.

I also included an attachment in text format to make it easier to read...

...........................................................................................................................
|-this + If(Size(GetOriginalAiringDate(Airing)) > 0, GetOriginalAiringDate(Airing) + "\n", "")
|-this + If(Size(GetShowRated(Airing)) > 0, GetShowRated(Airing) + " for " + GetShowExpandedRatings(Airing) + "\n", "")
|-this + If(Size(GetPeopleInShowInRoles(Airing, "Actor;LeadActor;Actress;LeadActress")) > 0, GetPeopleInShowInRoles(Airing, "Actor;LeadActor;Actress;LeadActress") + "\n", "")
|-this + If(Size(GetPeopleInShowInRoles(Airing, "Supporting Actor;Supporting Actress")) > 0, GetPeopleInShowInRoles(Airing, "Supporting Actor;Supporting Actress"), "")
|-this + If(Size(GetPeopleInShowInRoles(Airing, "Guest;Guest Star")) > 0, GetPeopleInShowInRoles(Airing, "Guest;Guest Star") + "\n", "")
|-ShowInfo
.........................................................................................................................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I just realized that it is hard to tell from what you posted, but I'll bet all the new lines you added have a yellow indicator in the action widget icon. See p. 12 of the Studio manual for info on Widget Chain Types. Keep your new actions as part of the parent-child-child-text tree, so that each one is a child of the one above it.

Tutorial #7, p. 89, should also cover some of this info.

- Andy
Attached Files
File Type: txt Details.txt (1.0 KB, 260 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet
Any chance I could convince you to take a closer look to the lines I added? I basically typed from scratch my own conditions and just not sure if I did it correctly.
Maybe... but your text file still shows multiple actions all at the same level w/o any child widgets that lead to a text widget. That may or may not be how it is set uo in Studio, so post a screen shot of Studio with those added lines visible in the window so I can see what they actually look like.

You can also turn on Tools -> Notify on Errors to check syntax as it runs.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, this is how I have it. See the attached screenshot.

I guess, if I'm not even close, then I probably should give up trying. If I'm sort of close, maybe with a little bit of help I'll have the courage to move forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg overmyhead.jpg (139.1 KB, 301 views)

***RIP SageTV***
Old 11-07-2005, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Take the minus signs off the start of those actions widgets.

... and turn on Notify on Errors.

- Andy
Old 11-08-2005, 12:48 AM
SageTVaholic

**** FINISHED ****

I did it Andy! I will always have you to thank for getting me started in Studio. I also now have to confidence to make more in depth changes.

Check out my final version of "MKANET LiveTV Guide"

I took a couple of screenshots...

Thanks again and sorry for being such a pain in the as.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sample1.jpg (348.6 KB, 336 views)
File Type: jpg Sample2.jpg (323.9 KB, 314 views)

***RIP SageTV***