SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-07-2005, 06:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Tuner Control in Sage v4

I upgraded directly from v2.2.8 (i think, whatever the last v2 release was anyway) to v4. When I had v2 installed I used the USB-UIRT to control my DirecTV STB. Now, since upgrading, my Tuner Control is set to the Direct Serial Control utility, and I cannot change it. If I go to Change Tuning Device in the Source Setup, it says to pick a tuner from the list, but the list is empty. However, USB-UIRT is installed, and looks fine in device manager, and it was working up until the upgrade, I have rebooted a couple of times since the upgrade as well (just in case ).

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 06:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

So, in an attempt to get this to work again, I uninstalled and re-installed Sage. I am now going through the source setup wizard, and all is fine until I get to the Tuner Control part (surprised?). This time I can add a new Tuner name, and select USB-UIRT, but Sage then hangs when I get to the screen asking me to press and hold 0 on the remote. I sat there and held 0 for a good couple of minutes, and the USB-UIRT box sits and flashes at me, but Sage does nothing. The UI stops repainting (so I guess it hung). I tried the USB-UIRT in a different USB port, same behaviour.
Any ideas? I can't find any other posts on this problem

Thanks
Old 11-08-2005, 08:55 PM
Sage Icon

This is probably not your problem but make sure you are holding the remote within an inch or so from the USB-UIRT while teaching it the codes.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

Heh, yeah, I have tried different distances, angles, etc...and I had previously had this remote working with v2.2. It wasn't until the upgrade that it stopped working.

Thanks though
Old 11-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm, oh well, i fixed it.
I found the old .ir from the previous installation, closed Sage, dropped it into the RemoteCodes folder, started Sage, and hey Presto! it all works..how strange