SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-07-2005, 08:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Imported Videos

I have a directory of imported videos, however if I remove any of the videos their link still shows up in the imported video menu. How do I remove them?
Old 11-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

Try to do a "Media Library Refresh" (SHould be on the setup menu)

If that fails, REMOVE the media library from Sage. Close, and reopen Sage to "reset" the database as clear, then re-assign the directory as a library. It will then re-index your library and hopefully the ghosts of files past will be gone!

-Greg
Old 11-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ok, so I got it to clear the imported videos, but now it hasn't updated it since I re-listed the video directory. Also, there are still some picutres imported, but there are no directories listed. Whats the deal?

Edit----
Ok, now the videos show up, but all the old ones are still there still. I really would like to use this feature, but its starting to frustrate me. I get new updated files, but the old ones that haven't been there for a long time are still there as well.

Last edited by nigfink; 11-08-2005 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

Easiest way:

Remove all Sage Setup options for your import directories.
Setup > Detailed > General > Library Import Directories ...and REMOVE ALL.

Close Sage

Re-open Sage and look in your libraries. Should be empty. (Because you removed them above).

Now re-establish the library directories in Sage.

Close Sage

Re-open Sage and look in your libraries. Should be populated (or populating) with your current, existing media.

I've found that the media libraries are a little finicky when it comes to file handling. Sometimes the "Refresh Media Libraries" option works, other times it doesn't. Removing and re-adding the library directory seems to work as it forces the wiz.bin database to remove all library entries, then recreate them. Just make sure you shut down Sage after removing the directories from the library, because without that, I don't think the database is forced to rebuild itself.

If you tried that already and it failed as well, then I am at a loss!
Old 11-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Sage Fanatic

My suggestion would be to go to the Detailed Setup and remove all your import directories. Then go to the Imported Videos menu, all that should be left are the incorrect listings, which you can get rid of by deleting them, of course be careful not to delete any actual files.