SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-21-2005, 12:54 AM
Sage Aficionado

Arrow STV Import: Weather Monitor

STV Import: Weather Monitor (deria) 26-nov-2005

Overview
========

The Weather plugin is an enhanced weather module for SageTV, featuring:

* large, easy-to-read displays
* a unified five day forecast (divided into day/night segments)
* a detailed current conditions display
* an optional second (completely customizeable) current conditions display allowing you to report up to 10 of the following fields: atmospheric pressure, atmospheric pressure status (rising/steady/falling), wind speed, wind gusts, wind direction, relative humidity, visibility, UV index, UV index description, dew-point, observation site, observation date/time, temperature, feels-like temperature, sky description
* a detailed view for each segment shown on the forecast
* the ability to display weather images from the Internet (radar, satellite, etc.)
* the ability to select the number of days in the forecast (2 - 5)
* the ability to change the size of the fonts used ANYWHERE within the weather display
* automatic updating of weather conditions every two hours
* the ability to open your internet browser to show pollen reports, airport conditions, or special events (useful in the US only)
* the ability to automatically remember your last viewed page of the forecast, or automatically default to any of the following pages: forecast, current conditions, today (morning), today (evening), tomorrow (morning), tomorrow (evening), or images.
* a very high degree of customizeability.

DOWNLOAD LINK
===========

This file is available through the SageTV download area. You can download it by clicking on this link:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=40

Project Status
==============

This is a release candidate. It is considered "finished", has received extensive testing, and (if no errors are encountered) will eventually be released as the stable release.

Why release a release candidate?

I am actively seeking feedback on the overall functionality of the plugin; in particular, it is important to determine at this stage what additional functionality users are expecting from a plugin of this nature. The current implementation of this plugin recreates a substantial majority of the functionality found in the Weether plugin -- the functionality which has not been implemented has been omitted because it is not practical/sensible in the context of SageTV.

System Requirements
===================
SageTV (licensed)
JAVA 1.4.x OR JAVA 1.5.x
.NET Framework 1.1 (you can have both 1.1 and 2.0 installed at the same time; its meant to be that way)

Portability
===========

Will this plugin work with SageMC 16x9?

YES. The author of the SageMC 16x9 plugin has added support for this plugin. When using this plugin with SageMC 16x9, refer to the SageMC 16x9 documentation for installation instructions.

Will this plugin work with Meekell / Something Else?

Unless the author of the STV in question integrates the plugin into his/her STV, the short answer is "no". The plugin is not particularly difficult to integrate, but it does depend on themes that are present in the default STV.

Are STV authors allowed to integrate this plugin into their STVs?

Yes! STV authors are allowed (encouraged, even) to integrate this plugin into their STVs. They may either import the plugin as-is (ie: only making changes necessary to make it work with their STV) OR they may perform any modification to the plugin that they desire (ie: make the interface better, more efficient, etc.).

Warranty
========

This software is provided strictly on an "AS IS" basis, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND ELECTRIC STORM SOFTWARE, LTD. HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.

Upgrading Or Removing From A Previous Version
=================================-===========

To upgrade from a previous version of this plugin, you should execute the following procedure:

1) Close SageTV completely (do not use 'sleep'/'standby').
2) Make a backup copy of your .STV file (typically found in "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\stvs\sagetv3\sagetv3.stv" if you are using the default .STV). Note that you cannot import into the default .STV -- if you have never done an import, you will need to make a copy of SageTV3.stv and (using the properties display) remove the read-only flag.
3) Make a copy of your sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties files (typically found in "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\stvs\sagetv3\ "folder).
4) Open SageTV.
5) Press Control+shift+F12 to open SageTV Studio.
6) Scroll down to "Main Menu", and expand it.
7) Expand "MainMenuContainer".
8) Expand the menu item you added to the menu for this plugin.
9) Remove its child (the reference to "Weather Monitor Plugin - deria".
10) Scroll down to "Weather Monitor Plugin - deria".
11) Right click it, and select "Expand Children".
12) Leaving the highlight on "Weather Monitor Plugin - deria", scroll down to the very bottom of the plugins tree. While holding down the SHIFT key, click on the last entry in the tree (MainMenuTheme). This will highlight the whole tree. Press DEL to remove the tree.
13) Close SageTV Studio and press your HOME key to reload the main menu.

At this point, there will be no remnants of the Weather Monitor Plugin in your .sTV, leaving you free to install the upgraded version.

Installation
============

WARNING: Installing a plugin with SageTV is not always a trivial process; it is not complicated, but it is very easy to make a mistake that can render your .STV unuseable. To avoid such a disaster, be very careful and PLEASE MAKE A BACKUP. The installation instructions guide you through the process of making a backup. This is the only warning you will receive. I accept NO responsibility for ANYTHING that might happen as a result of installing this plugin.

There are two methods you can use to install this plugin.

If you are using the default .STV and using Nielm's Dynamic Customisable Main Menu:

2) Make a backup copy of your .STV file (typically found in "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\stvs\sagetv3\sagetv3.stv" if you are using the default .STV). Note that you cannot import into the default .STV -- if you have never done an import, you will need to make a copy of SageTV3.stv and (using the properties display) remove the read-only flag.
3) Make a copy of your sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties files (typically found in "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\stvs\sagetv3\ "folder).
4) Unpack the archive attached to this post into your SageTV installation folder (typically "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv" folder). Please note that the files need to be in the same directory as SageTV.exe / SageTVClient.exe -- they cannot be in a sub-folder.
5) Open SageTV.
6) On the main menu, choose "setup".
7) On the "Setup Menu", choose "Detailed Setup".
8) On the "Detailed Setup" menu, scroll down to "Advanced".
9) In the right-hand panel, choose "Import SageTV Application Package (.STVi File)".
10) Using the file selector, locate and select "weather_monitor_26nov2005.stvi" (typically "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\STVs\SageTV3" folder).
11) The weather monitor is almost ready for use.
12) Press HOME to get back to the main menu.
13) Right click a menu entry, or press ESC/Options and select "Edit This Menu Page".
14) Select "Add Menu Item".
15) Select "Weather Monitor Plugin - deria".
16) Click "Save Menu Definition File".

If you are using the default .STV and NOT using Nielm's Dynamic Customisable Main Menu:

4) Unpack the archive attached to this post into your SageTV installation folder (typically "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv" folder). Please note that the files need to be in the same directory as SageTV.exe / SageTVClient.exe -- they cannot be in a sub-folder.
5) Open SageTV.
6) On the main menu, choose "setup".
7) On the "Setup Menu", choose "Detailed Setup".
8) On the "Detailed Setup" menu, scroll down to "Advanced".
9) In the right-hand panel, choose "Import SageTV Application Package (.STVi File)".
10) Using the file selector, locate and select "weather_monitor_26nov2005.stvi" (typically "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\STVs\SageTV3" folder).
11) The weather monitor is almost ready for use.
12) Press Control+shift+F12 to open SageTV Studio.
13) Scroll down to "Main Menu", and expand it.
14) Expand "MainMenuContainer".
15) Drag an "item" widget onto the "MainMenuContainer" element. Rename it to "Weather" (or whatever you want) by clicking on it once, waiting a few seconds, clicking on it again, and then typing the desired name. You can move the new menu up or down by pressing Control+U (for up) or Control+D (for down) while it is highlighted.
16) Scroll down to "Weather Monitor Plugin".
17) Drag "Weather Monitor Plugin - deria" to your new menu entry.
18) Close SageTV Studio and press your HOME key to reload the main menu. Ignore the yellow outline that appears on the menu - it just indicates what the last item in SageTV Studio was. It will vanish when you next restart SageTV.

That's it. At this point you should have a new menu entry.

Configuration:

Initial Weather Panel

This is the weather panel that will be shown when the weather display is initially opened. You may choose one of:

(These options are case-sensitive. Sorry.)

Last Used
Forecast
Current Conditions
Today (morning)
Today (evening)
Tomorrow (morning)
Tomorrow (evening)
Images

Days In Forecast

This is the number of days to display the forecast for (a value between 2 and 5 inclusive). Setting a lesser number of days increases the amount of space used to display the forecast for the remaining days (particularly useful for those with very low resolution displays).

Fonts

This menu allows you to control the various fonts used within the weather display.

Observation Tag

This font is used for the observation tag-line ("Source:") on all displays.

Forecast Normal

This font is used for the following fields on the forecast display:

Titles ("Current"/"Forecast")
Labels ("Today", "Tomorrow", "Monday (day)", etc.)
"Feels Like" Temperature
Weather Description ("Fair")
Sunrise/Sunset Time
High/Low Temperature

Forecast Large

This font is used to display the current temperature on the forecast display.

Current Conditions Normal

This font is used for the following fields on the current conditions display:

Titles
Current Temperature

Current Conditions Large

This font is used for the current conditions description on the current conditions display.

Current Conditions Huge

This font is used for the current conditions temperature on the current conditions display.

Detail Normal

This font is used for ALL fields on the custom weather panel display, and the following fields on the detailed conditions displays:

Titles

Detail Large

This font is used for the following fields on the detailed conditions displays:

Weather Description ("Fair")
Sunrise/Sunset Time
High/Low Temperature

Borders & Colors

This menu allows you to control various properties that determine how the weather display is drawn.

Border Drawing

This determines whether or not borders will be drawn within the weather display.

Border Thickness

This is the thickness of the border drawn within the weather display (if border drawing is enabled).

Border Color & Text Color

This is the color that will be used to draw borders (or text) within the weather display. You may choose from the following colors:

(These color names are case-sensitive. Sorry.)

Transparent
AliceBlue
AntiqueWhite
Aqua
Aquamarine
Azure
Beige
Bisque
Black
BlanchedAlmond
Blue
BlueViolet
Brown
BurlyWood
CadetBlue
Chartreuse
Chocolate
Coral
CornflowerBlue
Cornsilk
Crimson
Cyan
DarkBlue
DarkCyan
DarkGoldenrod
DarkGray
DarkGreen
DarkKhaki
DarkMagenta
DarkOliveGreen
DarkOrange
DarkOrchid
DarkRed
DarkSalmon
DarkSeaGreen
DarkSlateBlue
DarkSlateGray
DarkTurquoise
DarkViolet
DeepPink
DeepSkyBlue
DimGray
DodgerBlue
Firebrick
FloralWhite
ForestGreen
Fuchsia
Gainsboro
GhostWhite
Gold
Goldenrod
Gray
Green
GreenYellow
Honeydew
HotPink
IndianRed
Indigo
Ivory
Khaki
Lavender
LavenderBlush
LawnGreen
LemonChiffon
LightBlue
LightCoral
LightCyan
LightGoldenrodYellow
LightGray
LightGreen
LightPink
LightSalmon
LightSeaGreen
LightSkyBlue
LightSlateGray
LightSteelBlue
LightYellow
Lime
LimeGreen
Linen
Magenta
Maroon
MediumAquamarine
MediumBlue
MediumOrchid
MediumPurple
MediumSeaGreen
MediumSlateBlue
MediumSpringGreen
MediumTurquoise
MediumVioletRed
MidnightBlue
MintCream
MistyRose
Moccasin
NavajoWhite
Navy
OldLace
Olive
OliveDrab
Orange
OrangeRed
Orchid
PaleGoldenrod
PaleGreen
PaleTurquoise
PaleVioletRed
PapayaWhip
PeachPuff
Peru
Pink
Plum
PowderBlue
Purple
Red
RosyBrown
RoyalBlue
SaddleBrown
Salmon
SandyBrown
SeaGreen
SeaShell
Sienna
Silver
SkyBlue
SlateBlue
SlateGray
Snow
SpringGreen
SteelBlue
Tan
Teal
Thistle
Tomato
Turquoise
Violet
Wheat
White
WhiteSmoke
Yellow
YellowGreen

Change Log
==========

1.0 (initial release/deria)

1.1 (26-nov-2005)
-the font used for the buttons in the left-hand menu is now much larger
-the font used for the buttons in the bottom menu (the weather channel links) is now much larger
-there is now a "Fonts" menu in the configuration section; it allows you to set the size of ANY of the fonts used in the weather display
-there is now a "Days In Forecast" setting in the configuration section; it allows you to set the number of days in the forecast (between 2 and 5). Setting a lesser number of days increases the amount of space used to display the forecast for the remaining days (particularly useful for those with very low resolution displays).
-the "Force Immediate Refresh" button now does something... oops.
-the radar images no longer overrun the right side of the screen (aesthetic fix)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weather_pic_1.jpg (64.4 KB, 1485 views)
File Type: jpg weather_pic_2.jpg (46.7 KB, 1252 views)
File Type: jpg weather_pic_3.jpg (58.1 KB, 1170 views)
File Type: jpg weather_pic_4.jpg (49.8 KB, 1170 views)
File Type: jpg weather_pic_5.jpg (90.7 KB, 1208 views)

Last edited by deria; 11-28-2005 at 07:31 PM.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi deria,

I installed this per your instructions and it works great. Since I had gained some experience with Studio from installing your System Monitor plugin, I chose to install your Weather plugin in the Media Center|Online Services menu where the original weather menu item is. It works great in that location.

There are a couple of minor issues with your instructions that I'd like to point out so that I can somehow feel helpful

Under: "If you are using the default .STV and NOT using Nielm's Dynamic Customisable Main Menu:"

10) Using the file selector, locate and select "weather_monitor_19nov2005.stvi" (typically "c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv" folder).

The stvi unzips to the c:\program files\sage tv\sage tv\stv's\sagetv3 folder

Items 15 and 16 refer to your Disk Utilization/System Monitor Plugin

No big deal, just wanted to point it out

Rick
Old 11-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out those documentation errors. I'll correct them ASAP. Glad to hear that the plugin worked right off the bat for you.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by deria
Hi,

Thanks for pointing out those documentation errors. I'll correct them ASAP. Glad to hear that the plugin worked right off the bat for you.
deria,

Thanks for the work....

Something my wife wanted and maybe you might think this is a good idea (or not....)

What about adding a way to have 3 or 4 different zip codes that you can toggle between? We go back and forth to my wife's and my parents frequently. They both live about 2 hours from us in different directions and since one set live near the beach and one set lives in the mountains the weather is always different between the three places.

I know it's not exactly what one would call life threatening, but having to keep entering the different zip codes over and over is kind of a pain.

Actually, I just noticed that you can't seem to change the ZIP code in your plug-in. Am I right or did I just miss it?

Thanks for the consideration.

Stacy
Old 11-21-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
deria,
What about adding a way to have 3 or 4 different zip codes that you can toggle between?
Unfortunately, the terms of service agreement with the weather provider explicitly forbids this type of feature. Sorry. (I do realize it would be very convenient, though.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by srothwell
Actually, I just noticed that you can't seem to change the ZIP code in your plug-in. Am I right or did I just miss it?
The location and units of measurement can be changed through the SageTV wizard. I didn't actually include a menu entry to open the wizard. I will for the next release. For now, you can open the wizard through the SageTV setup menu.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Can't seem to get images to work. After typing them in (no cut and paste ) they do not seem to stay. I am trying this image:

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_m...rs/isarIL_.gif
Old 11-22-2005, 07:48 AM
Sage User

I tried this out at home last night and the fonts are so small it's impossible to read from the couch. I didn't see anyway of changing the font size, is there?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:05 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb
Can't seem to get images to work. After typing them in (no cut and paste ) they do not seem to stay. I am trying this image:

http://sirocco.accuweather.com/sat_m...rs/isarIL_.gif
Hmm... strange. You are saying that you see the image, but the next time you close SageTV and re-open it you lose it? Or are you saying that you enter the image location but nothing happens?

I would say try closing SageTV completely and checking your Sage.properties file to see if the location is saved there. Also, you can edit the properties directly there (they all begin with ess_weather).

Its worth noting that this plugin does not animate images. It will display the first frame of an animated GIF, but there is no animation.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp1790
I tried this out at home last night and the fonts are so small it's impossible to read from the couch. I didn't see anyway of changing the font size, is there?
How large is your television?

Also, which fonts are you referring to? If it is the text inside the weather panel itself, you can change the font size using the Text Size property. You can also use the next/previous buttons to walk through the detailed views for each part of the forecast. If you are referring to the buttons on the left, or the labels on the bottom, the text size can be changed using SageTV Studio.

I have pretty poor eyesight, and I develop against a 42" TV, and it looked readable to me.

To answer your question, though, pretty much anything about the plugin can be customized pretty easily.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Sage Expert

Off Topic...

Deria-

Are you the same Deria from past work on 'Mimic'?

http://uimimic.sourceforge.net/

-Jason
Old 11-22-2005, 03:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
Deria-

Are you the same Deria from past work on 'Mimic'?

http://uimimic.sourceforge.net/

-Jason
Yes, that is me.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I type in a url with gif image, click on force refresh and the go back, click on images and nothing happens. Would gladly edit sage properties bu there is no ess_weather in properties????
Old 11-22-2005, 10:45 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I type in a url with gif image, click on force refresh and the go back, click on images and nothing happens. Would gladly edit sage properties bu there is no ess_weather in properties????
SageTV doesn't write out the .properties file until you close SageTV completely. So if you haven't closed SageTV (and exited it) since installing, the properties won't appear.

Regarding the refresh button... I didn't think I had included one. If I did, that was an oversight. The weather refreshes automatically every 2 hours (for current conditions) and every 12 hours (for everything else). This is in accordance with the terms of service for the weather provider. The only way to truly force a refresh is to either exit SageTV and restart it or to set ess_weather/unload_on_exit to "true". With unload on exit, the weather will be refreshed every time the page is opened.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
SageTV doesn't write out the .properties file until you close SageTV completely. So if you haven't closed SageTV (and exited it) since installing, the properties won't appear.
BTW: in case this is needed by anyone, SageTV will eventually update the properties file, but there are a few places where the properties are forced to be saved; among them: when you exit the main Configuration Wizard menu or exit screen 2 of the Overscan adjustment process.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:05 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Yes, that is me.
Well welcome aboard! I am assuming that your tenure with Mimic is 'done' for now? In addition, you spent some time with BTV... was Studio one of the reasons you jumped ship (so to speak...)?

In any case, great first (2nd...) job! I have a few issues however...

1. The fonts are WAAAAAAY! to small... Theree are like 10 different font sizes throughout the plugin. When viewed on an MVP/SDTV... well you get the picture. I am sure that the fonts aren't selected specifically, but the space allotted is not enought for the letters/numbers. The main menu theme specifies fonts of 28, but then there are places where you specifically request font sizes of 8 and a properties file setting of 36.

2. Are animated gifs ok? It may have been asked previously somewhere, bit I missed if it was.

3. When selecting/entering the url for a radar image, the change button never notes if a slot is filled or not...

4. What is the correct format to use when entering the url...? Preceeded by 'http://' or not...

I am using this via mlbdude's latest dev build and have not really seen how he is 'importing' your stvi... so there may be issues in that alone.

OK... just a quick first few notes, but I like the overall concept of importing the useability without 'importing'.

-Jason
Old 11-23-2005, 01:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok found it .. sorta . Seems that your settings (ess...) are in the SageClient.properties and those ONLY .. NOT in Sage.properties. I have managed to load two of 3 images.

Now the next questions. I can see only the 1st image when I click on images on left. How do I cycle thru the images? I do see the 2 images if I keep clicking on Next and cycle thru ALL pages, but thought with the Image choice I should be able to view just the images.

Thanks for a great plug in
Old 11-23-2005, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am assuming that your tenure with Mimic is 'done' for now?
uiMimic is effectively complete; I may add additional features at some point, but it has been functionally complete and stable for some time now and there isn't really any functionality that I want to add to it. It does what it set out to do.

Quote:
In addition, you spent some time with BTV... was Studio one of the reasons you jumped ship (so to speak...)?
I have several PVR computers, so I haven't "jumped ship" by any stretch of the imagination. I own Beyond TV, Meedio, and SageTV. Each one has features that I really like.

That being said, though, it is certainly true that the SageTV Studio provides an opportunity to create a single unified media center experience that is simply impossible to ignore. I've tried several different solutions to achieve this, with limited success. I found that even though I had an "acceptable" system, it wasn't what I wanted. I had a back-end providing scheduling/recording, a front-end providing everything else, and about half a dozen different plugins written by myself to tie it together. I also had to use two different themes to make it all look relatively "the same". I want more than that. I want one tool to do the job, and I don't mind expending a significant amount of effort to make that happen. When push comes to shove, being able to simply replace what I consider a weak component with a stronger component counts for alot. With SageTV studio, I can do that and it feels really empowering.

Quote:
1. The fonts are WAAAAAAY! to small... Theree are like 10 different font sizes throughout the plugin. When viewed on an MVP/SDTV... well you get the picture. I am sure that the fonts aren't selected specifically, but the space allotted is not enought for the letters/numbers. The main menu theme specifies fonts of 28, but then there are places where you specifically request font sizes of 8 and a properties file setting of 36.
I'm going to have to look at this. I find the fonts quite readable on my TV, and I have -very- poor eyesight. Still, enough people have told me that its too small. In particular, the "weather channel links", and "menu buttons on the left side". Can you tell me what resolution you actually run at so that I can do some testing? I'm running at like 1770x1000 so unless I specifically test for a resolution its not always easy to see what the result will be.

Quote:
2. Are animated gifs ok? It may have been asked previously somewhere, bit I missed if it was.
Animated GIFs will show the first frame of the animation only. Thats not likely to change.

Quote:
3. When selecting/entering the url for a radar image, the change button never notes if a slot is filled or not...
Yes, this is something that I need to address. My .STV editing skills are getting better, but they're by no means great. I need to improve those menus so that they visually indicate that there is a value there. I also need to make the entry field wider since you can't see what you're typing after you run out of space. I'd also like to be able to paste a value in instead of having to type it.

Quote:
4. What is the correct format to use when entering the url...? Preceeded by 'http://' or not...
I include the http://.

Quote:
I am using this via mlbdude's latest dev build and have not really seen how he is 'importing' your stvi... so there may be issues in that alone.
I basically provided him with imports that I had prepared myself (because I use his STV instead of the default one). I'm planning to take a look at the dev build tonight to check it out.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Ok found it .. sorta . Seems that your settings (ess...) are in the SageClient.properties and those ONLY .. NOT in Sage.properties. I have managed to load two of 3 images.
If you are running SageTV as a service, then the service will use Sage.properties and the application (user interface) will use SageClient.properties instead. I should have made that clear. The properties would only appear in Sage.properties if you were running SageTV in its non-service mode.

Quote:
Now the next questions. I can see only the 1st image when I click on images on left. How do I cycle thru the images? I do see the 2 images if I keep clicking on Next and cycle thru ALL pages, but thought with the Image choice I should be able to view just the images.
The forecast, current conditions, and images buttons are really intended to be shortcuts. They jump to the start of a specific set of screens. The "next" and "previous" buttons are meant to navigate through the screens themselves. In my personal setup, I've bound shortcuts from my remote control to execute the next/previous buttons so that I can just page through the displays.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ahhh .. Ty and keep up the good work.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

I have released an update to the Weather Monitor Plugin. Based on the feedback of those who tried the plugin, the following changes have been implemented:

1.1 (26-nov-2005)
-the font used for the buttons in the left-hand menu is now MUCH larger

-the font used for the buttons in the bottom menu (the weather channel links) is now MUCH larger

-there is now a "Fonts" menu in the configuration section; it allows you to set the size of ANY of the fonts used in the weather display

-there is now a "Days In Forecast" setting in the configuration section; it allows you to set the number of days in the forecast (between 2 and 5). Setting a lesser number of days increases the amount of space used to display the forecast for the remaining days (particularly useful for those with very low resolution displays).

-the "Force Immediate Refresh" button now does something... oops.

-the radar images no longer overrun the right side of the screen (aesthetic fix)