SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:07 PM
Sage Fanatic

Being a Dell it probably doesn't have cpu fans, just heatsinks and ducts with a large 90mm case fan. Replacing that fan shouldn't be a problem, just make sure that you get one that still moves enough air while being quiet. If it's anything like the one in this picture, upgrading the cooling system shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.netcafethai.com/staff/ton...w/MVC-018S.JPG

If it were me, I'd probably ditch the duct and pop a couple of good cpu fans/heatsinks on there, and still get a quiet case fan.
Old 12-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Was hoping it would be helpful
Yeah, I procrastinated, so I've got to wait for the second shipment (or for somebody on the first to not pick theirs up tomorrow ). Played a little Halo 2 tonight to make up for it

Funny part is PGR 3 came in, and I picked it up last week
2nd shipment was like week number two. But if you want one now I'd just go wait before Best Buy or something opens (one that only preordered the first day) and wait until their morning shipment. One of them will have a 360. LIke for me, I coudl just get off work and hang around Best Buy, CompUSA, Fry's, etc... for an hour or two and pick one up. Every week stores are getting shipments.

But my Nintendo DS is tiding me over until there are better 360 games out. Sadly enough MSFT didn't put enough pressure on games that came out where like even Madden is better on the Xbox then it is on the 360. More gameplay content ont he Xbox.

But more importantly my new aquired 88 GT Convert. needs some loving and is much more important. And this month it is either games, or 14000K Xenon lights. So thats a no brainer.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon
2nd shipment was like week number two. But if you want one now...
Actually I got mine Friday after launch. Thankfully a few idiots that pre-ordered didn't pick them up within 48hrs so they started down the list

Quote:
But more importantly my new aquired 88 GT Convert.
Yeah, mine's been away too long, but I plan to get it out in the spring
Old 12-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89
Yeah, mine's been away too long, but I plan to get it out in the spring
Mine rolled down a hill and into another car on Christmas Eve. Luckly I only broke one head lamp and a corner light which i was replacing with smoked lamps anyway with HID. And it also ruined the paint on my all fiberglass wide body but only on the bumper and the hood, which I am replacing anyway. Id rather have a ruber bumper and the 4 inch scoop (funtional I might add) isnt my style. I need the Stormin Normin hood which goes nicley with the Stalker front valance.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Which HIDs? I'd like to get HIDs but haven't found any I thought looked right yet (not sure it's possible to tell you the truth ).
Old 01-04-2006, 01:38 AM
Sage Expert

Well these are the lamps I want on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD-...ayphotohosting

But I can not get the seller to repsond about upgrading them to 14000k lights. So I might have to buy this kit and then pay another $260 to another company fro teh same brand lights but at 14000k. I havent seen photos or anything with them lamps running HID but they look to have the best look to them. I really wish I could find someone with these same lamps though so I can buy the lamps and then the HID lights seperatly and at 14000k.