SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-26-2005, 09:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

Question UNC Path issue

Hi folks, I just upgraded to version 4 and it looks lovely. I also decided to set up my recording directories using unc paths so that I can get comskip to work on the client. Can someone please tell me how to make Sage report the correct available space. I have about 310GB available but when using unc paths, Sage reports it as 380GB if I switch back to mapped drives it reverts to correct reporting.

One more question, how do you make the old recordings display the unc path after renaming the drive instead of reporting the old mapped drive name. I am trying to get comskip to see the files from the client. The new recordings that are labeled with the unc path location are visible to the client (for comskip purposes) but not the older recordings labeled with the drive mapping.
Old 11-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Administrator

I'm not entirely sure what would cause the space remaining issue, but make sure that you don't have multiple recording dirs set to use the same drive & that no file deletion utilties are active on those drives, such as Norton Protected Recycle Bin.

After changing the recording dir paths, the existing recordings will continue to use the old location if the files are still visible to SageTV at the old loc, or if that path is not visible at all. If you used mapped drive letters previously, simply set up a mapped drive to some empty dir so that SageTV can see that the recordings are no longer there. Then, the links to the recordings should get updated when you restart SageTV. (Backup your wiz.bin while doing this, in case there are problem, and don't do this if an EPG update is about to run.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-26-2005, 10:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for the reply Andy, I will try your suggestion. Hopefully, that will fix the incorrect space reporting issue.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Andy, Sage now reports the correct space available while using unc paths. The only problem I have is that most of my files in Sagetv recordings were added to the imported videos folder and even using my older saved wiz bin did not recover all of them. Anyway, I can live with them being in that folder. I wish there was a way to move them to the archived folder instead. Is that possible?
Old 11-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Administrator

There are too many variables that can come into play for me to definitively state why the recordings were imported rather than seen as regular recordings. If you are using the same wiz.bin as before (where the recordings were listed w/their info), then perhaps you restarted right at the time it was going through an EPG update process & some of the info for old recordings was removed since it thought the files weren't there. That's just a guess, though.

Did you close SageTV while making the old location visible, then restart? (I don't think you want to add a drive mapping or anything while SageTV is running.) If not, try doing that with an older wiz.bin... but if you do, you might lose info for newer recordings.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

You may be right that Sage removed the info for those shows it imported. Most of them show up in the imported folder with no detailed description just the file name on screen. I will try using my old wiz bin again tonight and see what happens. I dont mind if the newer shows are sent to the import folder. Thanks again for your help Andy.