SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Favorite Channels in Program Guide?

Probably like many other people, I have just a small number of TV channels I watch regularly. In my case it is maybe a dozen. Is there any way to organize these channels as "favorites" so they are listed together at the beginning of the Program Guide?

I don't want to "remove" the non-favorite channels from my lineup, because there is occassionally something that gets recorded from them. I would just like to be able to see the program guide with my favorite channels grouped together so I don't need to jump from channel 4, to 81, to etc etc just to see what is on.

Apprciate any advice on how to do this...
R.
Old 12-02-2005, 03:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Smile

I did this by editing the registry. I took several channels in the beginning of the lineup which I don't use and changed to the higher number favorites. Go to: HKEY/local maching/software/micrsoft/tv system services.

You also have to "remap" the channel in the sage program guide to the new location (new channel #). I originally used this to tweak channels which had no audio (which did/did not? work). I still have 2 channels with no audio on my pvr 150. There are posts with more detail about the registry changes in the threads concerning no audio on some channels.

Randy
Old 12-02-2005, 03:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Cayars STV for 2.x Sage had favorites where you could assign your channels from the list of selected channels in the guide. Then when you select that favorite lineup the guide would then be displayed using only those channels. I created a favorite for all the HBO/CineMax channels and another for Showtime/TMC and another for Starz/Encore channels. Maybe someone that knows Studio could copy it and create an import for us?

BobP.
Old 12-02-2005, 04:06 PM
Sage User

Randy, I don't think I know enough to start changing windows registry values -- but thank you for the suggestion. Also, right now the channel numbers in Sage match the numbers used by my cable provider. If I understand correctly, the registry trick would change the numbers themselves. That would not work well for me.

I am thinking that what I want is a custom channel sort in the program guide. No remapping etc, just getting my own sort order.

BobP, what you described sounds good. I hope the author will bring that feature to Sage 4.

I don't know if this is possible, but perhaps I could setup in Sage two different Recording Sources even though I only have 1 card? One source would have only my favorite channels, the second source will have the other channels. Not sure if this will work or if it even is possible. Last time I messed up the sources really badly...
Old 12-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
I believe I was wanting something like this to. On my dish network receiver, I can create (4?) different program guides. One for all channels, one for sibscribed channels, one for my favorite channels, and one for the wifes favorite channels. Then you just click the guide button on the remote, and it circles through the 4 program guides.

I definately would like something like this in SageTV. I actually thought there was a way to do it, but havent gotten that far yet to know for sure. At least I was hoping there was a way to do it. Then I could tell the program guide to only display the main channels I care about, like maybe HD channels, or sports channels or whatever.

I realize I could edit the channel listings in the channel setup, but then that would make sagetv blind to those channels when it comes time to search for shows to record. Or go channel cerf-ing.
Old 12-12-2005, 12:40 PM
Sage Advanced User

I know the Meedio PVR software offers that feature but it only runs on XP (which I don't hav)
Old 12-12-2005, 04:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Some easy control over the channel order would be great.

I think this would be possible using by editing the stv...

The Guide menu seems to use the sort method to order the channels. The third parameter of this is what to sort with. There are some 'fixed' values mentioned here, but it also says it can be a java.util.Comparator. Whatever one of those is!

I think using that it would be possible to put the favourite channels first. Dont know where to start though.