SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:47 AM
Sage Expert

MyTV ToGo

MyTV ToGo

I have to say, this looks pretty coolf to MCE. I would ike to see Sage have an integrated function like this.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Check out Automated SageTV --> iTunes (for video iPod), as a possibility.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:02 AM
Sage Expert

Looks very promising but i woudl ike to see it integrated like MyTV is. as I would ike to just hit a button on the remove to send it over and also have shows auto encode over. And PSP support woudl be awesome as I am thinking of going with a PSP as a portable media player since it really offers more then other portable media players and for the same price. Yes it has less space to store on but I dont mind since for me I want to watch TV shows at work since I do nothing 95% of the time.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:04 AM
Sage Expert

Ohh also to ad. Personally as for as Sage goes I beleive this needs to be integrated and part of the install and not just an add on. So basically supported by Sage themselves. Besides CableCARD I personally think thats the biggest thing that needs to be worked on next. But thats what is most important to me and I will say MCE has it already and has CableCARD next year at some point. I just really hope Sage can keep up because I love the ability it has to easly customize things.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:39 AM
Sage Icon

It's not integrated into the MCE install either, just a plugin. I would rather Sage work on core functionality (more/better support for HD, more tuner support, PIP, etc) than something that would (in my opinion), be better left for a module that you can load if you like, or not load if you don't need...
Old 12-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Sage Expert

MyTV is intergrated even as a module which Sage no one has yet. Even Meedio has something in the works for a module for the PSP but I am not sure about the iPod.

I am not sure what more tuners are needed for support as all the good ones are already there. i would like to see maybe FireWire support directly or CableCARD to get the HDTV channels but I don't plan on seeing that until next year.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:59 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I am not sure what more tuners are needed for support as all the good ones are already there.
There is currently no support for any DVB-T, DVB-C or DVB-S cards. For those of us for whom those are the norm, it's a bit of a pain to say the least.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Having said all of which, I agree that this functionality would be fantastic! With Studio, I presume it's eminently possible.
Old 12-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Sage Expert

Well personally I say skip those cards because ultimally CableCARD will be out and FireWire is out now. I woudl rather see those.

but as you say the functionality of having it be integrated (module or not) into Sage woudl really help it out. I love Sage and want to see it stay around, I just see other companies company out with better features but they all do lack the customization you can have with Sage. But mainstream features will win.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Well personally I say skip those cards because ultimally CableCARD will be out and FireWire is out now. I woudl rather see those.
DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C are the standard throughout Europe, and will remain so for the forseeable future, including forming the only means by which we will be able to get HDTV. It is a massive hole in Sage's tuner capability, and one that the major competition covers.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:42 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C are the standard throughout Europe, and will remain so for the forseeable future, including forming the only means by which we will be able to get HDTV. It is a massive hole in Sage's tuner capability, and one that the major competition covers.
I would have to agree here, this is a massive hole, and sooner or later us europeans will need to be able to use these with sagetv, or move to software that does support them. Unfortunately I don't want to move to different software, thou.
Old 12-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Sage Expert

Hmm...I wonder what the percentage of users is from Europe because DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C are in Europe but not in the US. Just makes you think, work on support for North America products (CableCARD) or Europian prodcts.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon
I am not sure what more tuners are needed for support as all the good ones are already there. i would like to see maybe FireWire support directly or CableCARD to get the HDTV channels but I don't plan on seeing that until next year.
I'd say you won't see the Cablecard support in MCE in the current XP-based systems any time soon, but I would definitely expect it in the Vista-based MCE upon release...
Old 12-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

I think you may be surprised at the amount of euro users. Dunno if they would be more than you guys thou.
Old 12-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenixdragon
Hmm...I wonder what the percentage of users is from Europe because DVB-T, DVB-S and DVB-C are in Europe but not in the US. Just makes you think, work on support for North America products (CableCARD) or Europian prodcts.
I don't want to offend you, but i strongly feel a very egoistic perspective in your reply. You Americans... (This is a joke OK!)

Well I can understand that one's personal needs seem more important than enything else, but if you look from a business perspective, you shouldn't look who Sage's customers are right now, but how many they could gain with additional tuner support.
And quite onestly, I see a bigger potential in Europe/Australia. But hey that is just my egocentic view on the situation.

Marneb
Old 12-26-2005, 01:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17
I don't want to offend you, but i strongly feel a very egoistic perspective in your reply. You Americans... (This is a joke OK!)

Well I can understand that one's personal needs seem more important than enything else, but if you look from a business perspective, you shouldn't look who Sage's customers are right now, but how many they could gain with additional tuner support.
And quite onestly, I see a bigger potential in Europe/Australia. But hey that is just my egocentic view on the situation.

Marneb
There's no way anyone can know for certain which area would bring in the most new users. No matter how much market research a company does even their best estimates can be way off.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:38 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
I think the answer is quite simple. Add the European card support now, and add the Cable Card support, when there are actually cable cards tuners out there for us Americans to buy. No need for us to even worry about cable cards until the stuff is availible, or even in beta phases.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:41 AM
Sage Expert

Makes sense but also CableCARD is out now and as far as I can tell it is working on a Linux version of Sage.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by marneb17

Marneb
egoistic perspective? No, I would assume Europians would stick with products that are made for them which would come from them as in North America we would buy osmethign made specifically for us normally is done by us. Know waht I mean?
Old 12-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to mikejaner
Quote:
Makes sense but also CableCARD is out now and as far as I can tell it is working on a Linux version of Sage.
Show me where the tuners are for PC then.