SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-15-2005, 04:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

A few issues

I've had a few weird issues so I recently did a full reinstall and configuration of my Sage Server. I'm running 4.0 with the newest Java. It records fine and never misses a beat in that aspect, but the playback seems to have the following problems. And this is on a client and the recording pc as well.
1 - Aspect ratio problems. When I chose source it crops the sides of anything recorded from TV, but plays everything imported perfectly. If I use fill it plays the TV stuff fine but the imported videos are stretched (most are 16x9 and I want them to play with the top and bottom cropped).
2 - When commecial skipping is enabled (the play back portion) I can see all the skips and it works fine, but sometimes just as it is about to skip the client will lock up. I'll get the little spinning Sage icon and I have to kill the client process. This happens in the newest MCE and the defalt STV with the com skip import.

Also, and this is only on the recording PC. My remote (45 button Hauppauge) connected to my 250 works great, but I can't remap the buttons. When I go into the setup and try to remap them it doesnt recognize any button that I am pressing. This happened before and I fixed it, but I can't remember how I did it.

Any ideas on these problems would be a GREAT help, as I am starting to run out of ideas and my frustration is growing.