SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:16 PM
Sage Expert

please help answer a couple of newbie questions

Just bought SageTV and got registered..

Please help if you can with a few of my questions.

1) I used a program called cuttermaran to cut out commercials and edit some MPEG2's. I used Idiago to Mux the audio and video back together. When I try to play them from SageTV the screen goes black and I have to (cntrl - alt- delete) to get out. I want to be able to play edited MPEG2's...any suggestions.

2) I took one of my "owned" DVD's and created 1 large VOB file with the appropriate sound file included. SageTV sees the file, but will not play it. It really is just an MPEG file.

3) When playing a DVD, the DVD player always put out digital sound in the past. (The receiver lights up blue when receiving digital sound)...No, with my new HTPC, I have onboard audio and 5.1 output using a SPDIF. But the blue light doesn't come on, which tells me that I am not getting digital sound from the computer using Sage. I was before installing Sage.

Thanks for any help..I'm sure I'll have lots more questions...I've already gotten many answers by searching around the forum all day.

Gary
Old 01-14-2006, 04:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
Just bought SageTV and got registered..

Please help if you can with a few of my questions.

1) I used a program called cuttermaran to cut out commercials and edit some MPEG2's. I used Idiago to Mux the audio and video back together. When I try to play them from SageTV the screen goes black and I have to (cntrl - alt- delete) to get out. I want to be able to play edited MPEG2's...any suggestions.
Don't know, why do you have to remux the A/V? You might want to try VideoReDo, it's very popular with Sage users.

Quote:
2) I took one of my "owned" DVD's and created 1 large VOB file with the appropriate sound file included. SageTV sees the file, but will not play it. It really is just an MPEG file.
Creating single VOBs causes problems in many players, you really need to maintain the DVD structure, VIDEO_TS folder, and VIDEO_TS.IFO and assorted files, with 1GB vobs.

Quote:
3) When playing a DVD, the DVD player always put out digital sound in the past. (The receiver lights up blue when receiving digital sound)...No, with my new HTPC, I have onboard audio and 5.1 output using a SPDIF. But the blue light doesn't come on, which tells me that I am not getting digital sound from the computer using Sage. I was before installing Sage.
What decoders? Are they configured for S/PDIF?
Old 01-14-2006, 05:10 PM
Sage Expert

1) I mux because the file is demuxed before cutting out commercials with Cuttermaran. But, I will try Video redo and see what that does.

2) The large VOB file plays just fine in windows media player..Its just a large 4GB file, no ifo, no bup's...just one large VOB...It used them with a PRISMIQ media player I had before.

3) How do I configure the decoder to play 5.1? which decoder will do that?

Thanks for the help.

Gary
Old 01-14-2006, 05:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyellis
3) How do I configure the decoder to play 5.1? which decoder will do that?
Each one is different, most will pass 5.1 though.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

In order to get the blue light on with sage you need ac3filter.
It needs to be a 1.01 rc5 or later, i think.

Its one of those programes that you have to try different versions to find one that will work for you, a bit like ffdshow.

as to whether you want the blue light on with sage, thats another matter. I think that I prefer the surround modes on my amp; but none of my tv is broadcast in 5.1, yours might be.
Old 01-14-2006, 10:34 PM
SageTVaholic

nVidia (and Sonic, and WinDVD with some registry hacking) pass DD just fine here.