SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Sage User

Service mode help needed please

I recently decided to use the sage tv service mode instead of leaving the server running all the time and I am having problems getting it to work.

My current setup is Sagetv 4.1+, 2 PC clients, and 2 MVP clients. When running the server, I have no problems connecting the PC clients or MVP clients, all runs fine. However, when run in service mode, none of my PCs or MVP clients can connect to the server.

It seems it should be pretty straight forward in getting this work but I must be missing something. I enabled and started the service and verify in task manager that SateTVService.exe is running. Try to connect to it via PC or MVP and it times out. Tried running the service and also opening the server application and it still times out. My add-ons also do not work, like Nielm's webserver when using the service mode.

Anyone have any ideas why my PC and MVP clients will not connect to the server when in service mode?

All PCs are Windows XP Pro with SP2.

Thanks
Old 01-20-2006, 02:36 PM
SageTVaholic

What is your firewall status and if it is on, did you allow ports or the application to have access?
Old 01-20-2006, 02:43 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcjenkins
What is your firewall status and if it is on, did you allow ports or the application to have access?
Pah, I feel like a noob now. Thanks, I never thought about the firewall since it ran fine using the server, but of course those are different applications that need to be configured in the firewall.

Thanks, appreciate the help, it's working fine now.