SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:52 PM

zaptoit plugin with SageTV 2.2.8

Hi there,

I am getting a Can not connect to SageTV server error when attempting to turn on the epg plugin.

I have tested it to the point that it must be an install issue although I have followed the instructions.

I am using the plugin version 1.20 and have also tried the 1.20a.

If I disable the plugin and enter a bogus zip code, I get a response and list of lineups to choose from. If I enable the plugin I get the error irregardless of the zip code I enter (supposed to enter 00000).

Java v 1.5.0_06 is installed. I have put the required jars in both the sage dir (as per instructions if you are using sageTV 2 or 3) and the java directory.

Ideas?
Old 02-06-2006, 06:05 PM

Squid proxy issue

Well isn't that interesting.

I finally came off a single post that pointed to squid and that seems to be the issue. I hope I can configure squid to play with the plugin correctly...

Anyone have this issue?

I whitelisted the url in the xml file, and it seems to be working now.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:42 PM

It seems that it is the Squid Transparent proxy.

The only way I can get it working is to turn off the Transparent Proxy.

Anyone have ideas? Is this a port issue? I understood it to be a standard http request with an xml response...

I have used GBPVR that uses the same zap2it service and no issues there at all.

Duh, I was changing the Content Filter. I configured the Proxy server to pass through all requests to the zap2it server

Last edited by gregoir; 02-07-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-12-2006, 05:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV 4 is a free upgrade, and it has built-in support for Canadian EPG, so no third-party plugin is needed.
Old 05-22-2006, 05:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Could we have some instructions on how to fix the problem with squid? I'm having the same issues and I can't get squid to pass through requests to zap2it.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

After much googling and browsing of listserves and digging into iptables, I have found the solution, and instead of just stating that, I'm actually going to share it with you!!!

You cannot configure squid itself to bypass squid, by definition. Once it is handling a request, it's handling it and it can't just pass it backwards. Thus, you must make a change before squid even sees the request. I assume if you're running squid your using iptables before it as a firewall. If you're using a full firewall distro, such as IPCop or Smoothwall, you're running iptables even if you didn't know it. From the following command from the root prompt to add a rule to iptables to pass epg requests directly to zap2it, bypassing squid.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -d 206.18.98.160 -j ACCEPT

Restart iptables if you now how, or just simply reboot the whole box. You should now be able to get your epg updates without disabling or turning off transparency for the proxy.