SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Studio
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Studio Discussion related to the SageTV Studio application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the Studio software application should be posted here.

Old 02-19-2006, 06:20 PM
SageTVaholic

List constructor ?

Is there an easy way to create a List (instead of a set) ?

The DataUnion respects the order, but it doesnt seem to allow duplicates, a list = DataUnion(1,2,3,2,1) only results in [1,2,3]

I know that I could use

Code:
list = new_java_util_ArrayList()
java_util_List_add(list, "1")
java_util_List_add(list, "2")
java_util_List_add(list, "1")
but I wonder if there is an easier way to initialize a list.
Also, the above java code only works with strings, but not with integer ...

I probably could find something in one of the various imports, but maybe someone can point me to an example more quickly ...

Thanks,
Dirk
Old 02-20-2006, 11:29 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't know of a more concise way to do what you want, short of writing your own constructor function in Java.

That would also solve your string-v.-int problem by letting you declare the argument types explicit as int. (I've noticed that Sage has trouble passing ints where Objects are expected.)
Old 02-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Sage Fanatic

Something like this might meet your needs.
list = java_lang_String_split("1,2,3,2,1",",")
Old 02-20-2006, 10:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by malore
Something like this might meet your needs.
list = java_lang_String_split("1,2,3,2,1",",")
Yeah, this seems to be the best way to do it. Would still require some conversion in case I need Integer, but that's probably the best you can do without external java ...

Thanks for all answers,

Dirk
Old 02-20-2006, 11:15 PM
Administrator

I won't claim to be a list expert (and once created a DataUnion of a fixed length of numbers 1-10 just to get an array that size, which I could then fill with the real data at set locations), but SageTV will usually automatically convert from one data type to another. If you have "3" as a string, you can multiple it by the number 2 in order to get 6 as a result. In fact, I use this in various places when I need to use a property as a numerical value -- multiply it by 1 to get a number instead of a string.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I won't claim to be a list expert (and once created a DataUnion of a fixed length of numbers 1-10 just to get an array that size, which I could then fill with the real data at set locations), but SageTV will usually automatically convert from one data type to another. If you have "3" as a string, you can multiple it by the number 2 in order to get 6 as a result. In fact, I use this in various places when I need to use a property as a numerical value -- multiply it by 1 to get a number instead of a string.

- Andy
Yeah true, that's what I meant with 'still requires conversion'. I have seen this technique many times in existing code (first wondered 'what the hell is this supposed to do ...' ) Just wanted to point out that you have to remember to explicitly convert, otherwise GetElement(list, 0) + GetElement(list, 1) will not really add some numbers ...

Dirk