SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-20-2006, 08:15 PM
Sage User

What kind of setup to get?

I got 6 monitors and I want each one of them to run sagetv and each of them to be able to watch a different channel at the same time. I want them to act like each monitor is on a separate computer. I want to try and run all these on a single system because i am very limited in space. Money is no concern.

Is it possible to make something that will handle this?
Old 02-20-2006, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

I think Directx might be a big stumbling block for this... in other words I think this is impossible.
Old 02-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Sage User

would it work in linux running sagetv for linux?
Old 02-20-2006, 10:08 PM
Sage Fanatic

Either way it's going to be a very very custom installation. I think depending on your linux skills, that may be the way to go. I obviouslly haven't tested this as I have no need to watch 6 shows at a time, but I would think that if you create 6 different chrooted installations of sagetv - and run sagetv 6 times that could probably work. This would obviously require a ton of horsepower in terms of Video, CPU and RAM. The 6 differen't installs with different root dirs shouldn't interfere with each other.

The "easier" way would be to get 5 MediaMVPs and and a device to convert the svideo or composite to vga to connect it to the monitors.

Last edited by dbfresh23; 02-21-2006 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:26 AM
Sage User

i have l33t linux haxz skillz I just dont want to buy 6 linux copies and have it not work . I have 3 MediaMVP's right now they are decent but kinda slow. I am thinking that I am going to have to build me a custom case with 6 different motherboards in it. It would work the best and definately be the easiest way to do this. It will be my MONSTER machine!!!
Old 02-21-2006, 12:31 AM
Sage Icon

It might end up cheaper in the long run to just get your A.D.D. addressed by a professional.

J/K