SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Sage User

Playing sage Files with another computer

I need to know how to play sage MPEG-2 Files on another computer without sage. I tryed using Zoomplayer and WMP and I get no sound and a pixaled picture with scanlines. Thanks
Old 02-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

You should be able to play mpeg2 recordings on any computer that can play DVDs or at least has mpeg2 decoders installed.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:05 PM
Sage User

I have Nero 6 ultra edition installed and which plays DVDs and I still have the same problem.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage is not designed to use those decoders. Zoom Player is the only player written to also use the Nero decoders. Nero decoders don't show up as a choice in Sage. You'll need to purchase something like nVidia Purevideo or WinDVD.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Sage is not designed to use those decoders. Zoom Player is the only player written to also use the Nero decoders. Nero decoders don't show up as a choice in Sage. You'll need to purchase something like nVidia Purevideo or WinDVD.

Gerry
He's not trying to change the decoder SageTV is using, he's trying to play a recorded file on another pc. So as Malore said, if the PC can play back a DVD - you should be able to play back MPEG2 files. You may want to download deccheck from MS to check the decoders on that pc. Zoomplayer should work for playback though.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbfresh23
He's not trying to change the decoder SageTV is using, he's trying to play a recorded file on another pc. So as Malore said, if the PC can play back a DVD - you should be able to play back MPEG2 files. You may want to download deccheck from MS to check the decoders on that pc. Zoomplayer should work for playback though.
Sorry-I misread it. Nero plays my Sage files fine on my client. So does Zoom Player with the nVidia decoder. Also check and see what audio decoder you have it using. Change it from a default to DirectSound. Make sure you have the latest DirectX installed and also make sure your Windows Media Player is updated.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 02-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

any software should play the mpegs that sage creates. I use mplayer as my default player. I've also used media player and my ati file player (bundled with my vid card) to playback the sage files.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to AboveUnrefined Send a message via MSN to AboveUnrefined
I've seen certain decoders (probably ffdshow) display MPEG2 files upside down and mirrored in players so it's critical to have a good mpeg2 decoder configured properly and set to be used when playing those files.