SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 03-11-2006, 11:16 PM
Sage User

Video card freezing (Nvidia card with Nvidia decoders)

I have this video card: BFG GEFORCE FX 5500 OC PCI 256MB and I`m using it in combination with the nVidia PureVideo Decoder v1.02.185. Everything plays back fine for 4-5 minutes then the screen is freezing (the HD light is flashing as usual) so I 'm guessing that the video card is frozen while the rest of the computer is fine. I don't have this issue if I use different decoders. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks!
Old 03-12-2006, 06:48 AM
Sage Fanatic

What Video card drivers are you using?
Old 03-12-2006, 07:34 AM
SageTVaholic

You're using a PCI video card? Sounds like you're sharing an interrupt with something else. Try uninstalling the drivers and moving the card to a different slot in your PC.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:36 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptaz
What Video card drivers are you using?
I've downloaded the latest ones from nVidia's website (I think its's called the unified driver). Here's what it says in the device manager:
Driver Provider: NVIDIA
Driver Date: 12/10/2005
Driver Version: 8.1.9.8
Old 03-12-2006, 12:38 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
You're using a PCI video card? Sounds like you're sharing an interrupt with something else. Try uninstalling the drivers and moving the card to a different slot in your PC.

Gerry
If it would be an intrerrupt issue the problem should be constant, but in my case it acts up only when the nVidia decoder is running.
Old 03-12-2006, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentmonolith
If it would be an intrerrupt issue the problem should be constant, but in my case it acts up only when the nVidia decoder is running.
Not really. Some interrupts can be shared without an issue. Some can have intermittant issues. Some show up over a period of time. It all depends on what it is being shared with. It's not a black and white issue. The confict could be really be in how the software talks to the interrupt and thus only happen sometimes. This is not strictly a hardware device/it is or isn't going to work issue. You may just want to take a look and see if it is sharing an interrupt. And if it is move it to another slot. What's it going to hurt?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.