SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-28-2006, 09:16 PM
Sage User

Help Please, added Nielms menu import, sage locks

I had it pretty stable w/ some other minor customizations. Mini guide using arrows, secret hidden Malore's menu system, make preview window bigger. I'm using the VRM9 w/ nvidia purevideo. everything seems to be working great.

I installed the Nielms menu import, carefully following the instructions, I copied the dynamic_menu_import.zip files to the respective folders and the dynamic_menu_default_config.zip and put the optional icons in the STVs/originalv2/mlbdude/default folder. Everything is working I think, except I don't see any different icons. But it is locking up at random times.

Any ideas are appreciated while I try to work through this. I think I'll start by removing the icons.

thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Sage User

Well, I had to restore my installation w/ a backup from right before I installed the update. It is back to normal but I would like to figure out the problem because I liked what I saw.

I noticed it would consistently lock up when exiting the main guide. And at other times randomly.

What is the deal w/ the menu.xml file that it says to copy to the sagetv folder if you have never updated the menus?

Not sure what to try. Should I disable the Malore menus and try it?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:38 PM
SageTVaholic

To get the icons on the menus to show up with the default configuration I had to put them in this directory:
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\dynamic_menu_icons

Don't know about the lockups however.

YMMV.

BobP.
Old 03-28-2006, 11:08 PM
Sage Icon

The menu.xml is where the changes to the UI are saved when you start modifying. I would disable Malore's and try again...I don't have Malore enabled and it works fine. I also don't use the icons.

P
Old 03-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro
The menu.xml is where the changes to the UI are saved when you start modifying. I would disable Malore's and try again...I don't have Malore enabled and it works fine. I also don't use the icons.

P

Can I ask if you are using Overlay or VRM9? I am noticing small glitches when using VRM9. Another glitch that occurs w Malore's menus on the upcoming movie section, is that when I hit ok to selet a movie, the menus start acting funny until I get out.

I may have to switch back to Overlay and just deal with the larger screen problem I have another way.

Well, when I get time tonight I'll try with Overlay and if that doesn't work I'll try w/o Malore's menu, I'd like to keep it though cause I like the three pane menus and his guide features. Although I haven't played around with Neilm's yet cause it locks up too often.