SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-08-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage User

Just restored wiz.bin, wiz.bak, sage.properties, but no longer have old recordings...

I had to reformat my computer and re-do some of the hardware recently, so I backed up my stuff just before my hard drive died. Now, I have the files on a CD, so I restored them to the new setup after installing SageTV and my WinTV PVR-USB2 tuner drivers after Windows and everything was set up. However, Sage still lists all of my old recordings that are no longer there, and I don't know how to get rid of the listings for these non-existent recordings . Anyone know how to get Sage to realize they are no longer there? I am on version 4.1.3 . Thanks!
Old 04-08-2006, 10:03 PM
Administrator

While not answering that exact question, there is info about moving recordings or changing to a new PC in this FAQ.

Essentially, one reason that the old recordings are still listed is that SageTV probably cannot see the recordings where it thinks they are (can't access the drive or network location), so it cna't determine that the recordings are gone. As far as it is concerned, the drive/network path is just not available right now, so it holds onto the data in case the recordings' location comes back online soon. Since you've reinstalled Windows, you may have to set the make_all_mediafiles_local=true property too.

If you can't make the drive or path visible to SageTV, you may be able to just delete the recordings, if you just want to remove them from the list - it won't delete the actual file if the path shown on the Recording Detail screen doesn't really exist. If the real recording is then placed in a Video Recording dir, SageTV should recognize the recording when you restart SageTV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-09-2006, 12:32 AM
Sage User

Is there a way to mass-delete from the menu? I had to move to a new hard drive as a replacement from warranty, and therefore I didn't back up the large amount of recordings I had, but did back up wiz.bin/bak and sage.properties. I just want the now non-existent recordings gone from the list . I can go through them one by one and tell SageTV to "delete" (remove from the list), but that would be a very tedious, time-consuming process to do for well over 100 recordings ! Thanks for any response!
Old 04-09-2006, 08:10 AM
Administrator

In SageTV Recordings, group the shows by catgory or channel (something that only gives a few groups), then use the Delete command while a group is highlighted.

Or: go to Schedule Recordings -> Search -> Search All Fields, enter just an A & hit Done. Highlight Current Recordings (which should contain almost all recordings) & use the Delete command.

But, if you can make the drive letter for the old recordings visible to SageTV (map a drive letter if you have to), they will be dumped automatically.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-09-2006, 11:06 AM
Sage User

I didn't realize you could use the Delete key to (*gasp*, common sense, I should have thought of it!) delete groups or shows quickly . I just went through and deleted them off doing that, much quicker than having to click 4-5 times to delete each show . The mapping a drive letter idea was good too, but this was pretty easy . Thanks again for the help.