SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:50 AM
SageTVaholic

Take a look at the processing power/CPU usage it takes just to run XMLTV! Without all your other stuff. There's doesn't appear to be an easy way around it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:30 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grooves12
Never mind... I was missing a period in the string and no matter how many times I looked at it, I didn't see it. It is processing th titles properly now.

BUT, I am still having the problem of SageTV hanging if I run the XMLTV update while it is running, which is obviously an unaceptable situation. Has anyone wlse experienced this, any ideas on how to workaround this??

It seems it is just using too much processing power between, Mytheatre, Sage, XMLTV.exe, Dirmon, and showanalyzer... and when it hits 100% CPU usage SageTV hangs and won't recover.

Thats why I update the xmltv2mtepg manually with Windows Task Manager at 5:00 Am then let sage do its thing when its ready. I used to include my update.bat inside my xmltv.properties with the run before command but I had the same thing happen during a epsiode of LOST and I got my wifes slipper upside my head.

EDIT: I'm going to post a message for DPLU to see if he can throttle the CPU usage during the xmltv2mtepg update.

Technazz

Last edited by technazz; 04-18-2006 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:56 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by technazz
Thats why I update the xmltv2mtepg manually with Windows Task Manager at 5:00 Am then let sage do its thing when its ready. I used to include my update.bat inside my xmltv.properties with the run before command but I had the same thing happen during a epsiode of LOST and I got my wifes slipper upside my head.

EDIT: I'm going to post a message for DPLU to see if he can throttle the CPU usage during the xmltv2mtepg update.

Technazz
Also make sure that you put only the channels that you want EPG data from MT in a favorite and configure the option to only export that favorite.

I too only run the entire process once every morning at about 3:30 am. As you can see by the configuration example, I do have a seperate batch file that updates the EPG from MT only, and I have it configured to run in the xmltv.properties. This way, if my EPG data from MT runs out before the next nightly update I can initiate it manually either through the web server, or by de-selecting then re-selecting a channel in the source setup screen.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Are you guys also scheduling any manual records on the EEPG channels so that MT can pull 7 days worth of guide data, or are you just letting your normal records get whatever data happens to be on the random transponders you tune to?
Old 04-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Are you guys also scheduling any manual records on the EEPG channels so that MT can pull 7 days worth of guide data, or are you just letting your normal records get whatever data happens to be on the random transponders you tune to?

In MT Im scheduling a channel change to the EPG Transponder for Each Sat. Make sure you select view and not record channel in the MT scheduler.

3:30 Am 119 EPG
4:00 am 110 EPG
4:30 am 91/82 EPG
5 am run XMLTV update

Technazz
Old 04-19-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
In MT Im scheduling a channel change to the EPG Transponder for Each Sat. Make sure you select view and not record channel in the MT scheduler.

3:30 Am 119 EPG
4:00 am 110 EPG
4:30 am 91/82 EPG
5 am run XMLTV update

Technazz
Does that cause problem if there are recordings scheduled by Sage at those times, or will Sage automatically change the channel back if it needs to record something??

Also, is there a way to cleanup MT's EPG database without closing/restarting it??

Last edited by grooves12; 04-19-2006 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Also, if I have my batch file set to download the XMLTV listing, then MT listings, then re-run the channel parser script, will Sage eventually pick up any new channels that are added in either of the listings, or do I need to manually do something in order for Sage to see them??
Old 04-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Also, if I have my batch file set to download the XMLTV listing, then MT listings, then re-run the channel parser script, will Sage eventually pick up any new channels that are added in either of the listings, or do I need to manually do something in order for Sage to see them??
And another thing...

I have the channel script run nightly along with the download of the Zap2it data so that the channel list is always up to date.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Does that cause problem if there are recordings scheduled by Sage at those times, or will Sage automatically change the channel back if it needs to record something??

Also, is there a way to cleanup MT's EPG database without closing/restarting it??

Sage will change the channel but if MT does it after Sage then you will be recording the EPG channel. I usually do not record at these times so I dont have issues.

I dont have a way to clean up the EPG database but maybe look at the forums over at MT there may be a utility there. I did a quick search and could not find one.

Technazz
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Would I be correct in assuming that if you put the batch file that does your downloads/channel script in the run.before= line that it would run it nightly and then update the listings in Sage and add any channels that you may have added automatically without needing to manually schedule it??

I will probably try this myself, but have you had any success in getting around the problem of non-unique showid's when integrating EPG data for local channels in the MTEPG and XMLTV listings, by using the "Detect repeat airings with non-unique ID's" setting is SageTV > Detailed Setup > Customize??
Old 04-20-2006, 01:00 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Would I be correct in assuming that if you put the batch file that does your downloads/channel script in the run.before= line that it would run it nightly and then update the listings in Sage and add any channels that you may have added automatically without needing to manually schedule it??

I will probably try this myself, but have you had any success in getting around the problem of non-unique showid's when integrating EPG data for local channels in the MTEPG and XMLTV listings, by using the "Detect repeat airings with non-unique ID's" setting is SageTV > Detailed Setup > Customize??
I have it run as part of the Zap2it batch file that is already scheduled to run nightly. The only thing I have running from Demedius config file is the MT export.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:23 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Not true as of the last few betas there is a disable_plugin=true or false properties that will allow you to disable the XMLTV plugin . You'll have to look at this thread http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...ad.php?t=16858

Yes its true if you have 2 network encoders with the Same IP address you may have conflicts but Im able to manage this just fine. I limit the channels on the second network encoder and set priority to the first which uses the internal EPG Data.

The best solution is if we could mix internal and external EPG sources for one tuner.

Technazz
Could you help me set this up, to have two network encoders using one tuner ? I am not sure what to do on either the mytheatre end or sage end.
And would this mean I could use the sage internal epg to get listings for two sources simultaneously?
Old 04-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Sage Aficionado

Could the problem I describe here: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17488 be related to something occuring with these scripts??
Old 07-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage Expert

This how-to is really nice and I got my system setup really easily with it. I have three questions that I can't figure out on my own though and would like help with (fwiw, I'm doing everything exactly the way described in the first post...):

Config: 2 tuners, 1 provider (Zap2it)
Source: ONLY local broadcast HDTV
Location Los Angeles, CA

1) There is one channel that I know I can get but which doesn't show up in Zap2It's data. It's a digital subchannel 4.4. I've emailed them about getting it included, but am wondering if there's a way to "force" the xmltv process to behave as if there's a channel there? I know I won't actually get any guide data for this channel, but would just like to be able to have it listed in my EPG and tune to it if I want to. I would just take another digital subchannel that I know I'll never watch and "remap" it in Sage but I don't want the *wrong* guide data displayed for the channel - I'd rather have none.

2) Can I modify the channel names that display in the EPG in Sage, and if so, where do I do this? (ie. Instead of KCBSDT to show I'd like to modify it to CBS).

3) Can I re-order the channels in the EPS? For instance, instead of going numerically (2-1, 4-1, 4-2, 5-1, etc.) could I re-order them so that they go (7-1, 4-1, 13-1, 2-1, etc.)?

Thanks!

Last edited by popechild; 07-01-2006 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsagetv99 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks for this post! Helped me out quite a bit since I no longer have an ISP at my house but I can now get xml from my laptop, copy it to my HTPC and still record shows... Appreciate it!
Old 05-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

How to change tuning devices if using xmltv?

Hello -
Ive been using this XMLTV module to run my SageTV. I just got a new cable box from my cable provider, but when I go to change the device in Sage the list of options is blank to choose from.

How can I now tell Sage/IR Blaster that I have a new cable box while using the XMLTV program guide?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:37 AM
Sage User

HELP!!

the link for the Xerces XML parser is down.
Is this still available????
Old 07-25-2012, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't even think this is being supported any more.

check this thread.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57265