SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

Any bets on how fast an STVI is created???
Old 04-26-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex
I'm surprised no one's figured this one out yet. I thought it just didn't work anymore, but I just tried it and I got radio playback in SageTV. This is NOT officially supported, but I figured you all wouldn't mind knowing about it because with the Studio you might be able to make it usable.

Here's a very hacky way to get radio playback in SageTV:

1. Be sure you capture card has an FM radio input and you've got an antenna hooked up to it (there's usually a separate input for FM)
2. Go into Media Center->Music->Music by Song Title
3. Select one of the 'FM Radio' sources. There'll be two for each input. One will work and one will not. One way you know you've picked the wrong one is if you go to the OSD menu (Ctrl+V) at that point and you see static.
4. Open the Studio with Ctrl+Shift+F12 and then select Tools->Expression Evaluator. This allowed me to tune to KROQ 106.7 FM:
ChannelSet(106700000)

Have fun!
Well I at least figured out the First half if you look a few posts up!
Old 04-26-2006, 09:57 PM
Administrator

If at first you get no sound: I've played with this before, but for some reason, my PVR-USB2 FM tuner wouldn't play anything this time. I selected the Fusion tuner's FM input & that failed, but then the PVR-USB2 FM input worked the next time I tried it. I'm just mentioning this in case someone else gets no results from the FM input at first. I don't really know what happened or even whether selecting a different FM input had nothing to do with it starting to work.

BTW: In addition to ChannelSet(), you can use the channel up/down API calls & commands. The current station can be determined from GetAiringChannelNumber(GetCurrentMediaFile()). You can use WatchLive() to begin playback for a specific FM device.

Edit: Oh yeah... one thing I'm not sure about is that I thought I heard reports elsewhere about simply having an antenna attached to the FM input caused the TV recording quality to decrease.

Also, while you can't use the FM & TV encoders on one tuner at the same time, SageTV takes care of the conflict. If you used a different program to listen to FM while SageTV tried to record TV, you would not get a TV recording, though.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:31 AM

Jeff I'm sure must here where more less hope for it to become an officially part of SageTV after all MCE, BeyondTV, ChrisTV and GB-PVR and some other all ready have build in but a few can record in to MP3 with Lame DirectShow Filter or ACM Filter not MPEG-2.
LAME can be uesd in both open source and commercial software.

Last edited by SHS; 04-27-2006 at 08:44 AM.
Old 04-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by briands
Does anyone know if it a fundamental hardware limitation? Does sage "tie up" the card even when not recording? Has anyone tried to use an external tuner ap while sage is running?
I know when I use the Hauppauge radio player, I have to close and reopen SageTV when I am done. If I don't, Sage will stay stuck on the FM frequency and any recordings set will just record FM audio and not your TV shows.

BTW, I would also love to see FM support in Sage. Even if it was just to listen (maybe work on recording in later releases). My local cable doesn't have digital music channels.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Sage Fanatic

Hi,

Count me in on the request for FM radio support. There are a few things on NPR that I would really like to be able to timeshift.

Jesse
Old 04-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Sage User

briands: I don't know about the STVi... but for the STV... Three Days... 8-}

Ok... Something we've all been waiting for...

Here is a VERY ALPHA version (which is why it isn't an import) of the default SageTV V5 STV with FM Radio support.

Limitations:
- No Recording/Timeshifting capabilities
- Radio playback is only available while in the "FM Radio"
- no channel scan
- As Opus4 mentioned, the FM Radio Tuner in the Hauppauge WinTV PVR(2) USB2 does not always work reliably.

Features:
- Compatible with the "Encoder Name" plugin by BobPhoenix
(It is hard to distinguish multiple encoders apart without it)
- it is functional

Tested and working with:
- Hauppauge WinTV PVR2 USB2
- Hauppauge WinTV PVR150 MCE (OEM)
- Hauppauge WinTV PVR150 (OEM)
- PowerColor Theatre 550Pro (ATI Theatre 550 - PCI-E interface)

To use this STV:
1) Extract SageTV3_FM_Radio.zip to C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3
2) Run SageTV and go to Setup/Detailed Setup/Advanced/SageTV Application Package and load SageTV3_FM_Radio.xml
3) Import any other STVi's you wish to use
If you use the Dynamic Menu import by Neilm, you will need to create a new menu item linked to the internal menu named "Music FM Radio"

As I mentioned, this is a very simple and very alpha implimentation of an FM Radio application. It works for me... but your milage may vary.

I don't have much time to work on changes/upgrades/fixes/new features but feedback is welcome.

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTV3_FM_Radio.zip (350.0 KB, 135 views)
Old 04-29-2006, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

cybrmage, Nice Work!!!

I have your STV in use, I works rather well.

I did notice that I cannot change menu's from the FM RADIO menu and keep the music playing, For the function I will gladly accept that. (you already stated this)

When setting presets I used the tuning method Neilm suggested within Studio "ChannelSet(106700000)" then used your button for "channel up" then "channel down" then set the preset. This helped to eliminate scrolling through the entire radio spectrum.

Good Work, Thanks
Mike

Last edited by mike_15; 04-29-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 04-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

to download the STV

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...?do=file&id=79
Old 04-29-2006, 06:27 PM
Sage User

Well.. it's been a long day...

Something got messed up with the file in this thread... so I have moved this to a new thread.

You can find the new thread here... http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17715