SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-04-2006, 07:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm demoing this.. Good idea.. subscribed to this thread.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:19 AM
Sage Expert

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBCritical
Anyone had any luck through an MVP yet?
no it don't play on my mvp's

i have some haupauge####.mpgbuf on my hd's. will this files bigger and bigger and no autodelete?

will comskip go to this files? that are not good
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de
Old 05-04-2006, 02:10 PM

Hum I do not see Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #2 FM Radio.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Works great on client (well for an alpha).

Do seem to get occasional hicups in the audio.
Pretty slow tuning. Buffering I assume.

No audio on MVP...

Great work.. and I second "Why didn't Sage do this a long time ago?"

btw, I am using the full STV because I could not find the STVi - Am I missing something?

Last edited by briands; 05-04-2006 at 02:44 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
Sage User

DIBU: The mpgbuf file is the buffer file that SageTV uses to actually capture the data from the FM Tuner. Because the FM Tuner does not use a channel lineup or an "airing" or a "show", SageTV will create a filename based on the tuner name. You should find one of these files for each FM Tuner you have used and it should be a constant size (the size of the default SageTV buffer - 16Meg on my system) and it will be reused automatically.

I don't know if the files will be processed by comskip... I don't use comskip myself... but the file is not an "mpg" file so it shouldn't affect the comskip processing. If it does... let me know and i'll see if there is anything that can be done to prevent it.

SHS: umm... what hardware do you have? Does your "Hauppauge WinTV PVR PCI II Capture #2" card have an FM Tuner?

briands: Yes... The tuning on initial startup is slow due to buffering... after that it is fairly quick. What hardware are you using... I'm seeing problems with the Hauppauge units i'm developing with, when used from a client.

The STVi has been available in the zip file with the STV since v0.03. If you don't have it, then you don't have the latest version. The latest version can be found in the first post of this thread. There is no functional difference between the STV and the STVi. The STV is the base SageTV V5 STV with FM Radio added. The STVi is the FM Radio that you can add to an existing STV. Which you use is up to you.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:42 PM

I have PVR 500 MCE
I know the 500 had Daul Radio but new rev it have dose not have have in GraphEdit
Dosen any here have PVR 500 that before rev D492? and need know how to GraphEdit becuases I show the Engineering and CEO there was support for Dual FM Tuner before rev D492, you know how use GraphEdit psot a reply or email me I need screenshot.

Last edited by SHS; 05-04-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Sage User

SHS: As far as I know, and according to the Hauppauge data sheets that I has seen, the PVR 500 has two TV tuners and ONE FM tuner. As far as I have been able to determine, the drivers will report an FM tuner for each TV tuner even though the second TV tuner does not have an FM tuner.
Old 05-04-2006, 05:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

is anyone else having the problem where it is not displaying the frequency tuned? I'm running 5.0.2 on windows from a 4.1.6 linux server and not getting anything. From the audio I'm hearing it sounds like in quite a few cases its tuning tv stations as fm radio. I heard leno last night through it.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:03 PM
Sage User

Dekard: Make sure you have the latest version. There was a recent fix for tuning problems. Also... as mentioned previously, support for clients and MVPs is under development. Also... If you are getting TV audio instead of FM radio, the device may not have an FM tuner. I have a machine here with a PVR150 (no FM tuner) and a PVR150MCE (with FM tuner) in it. Even though the PVR150 does not have a tuner, it reports that it has an FM Radio input on it. I have not yet found a way to detect that this input does not function properly.

Last edited by cybrmage; 05-04-2006 at 06:28 PM.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:28 PM

That can't be rigth it had 2 Radio input in Graph or GB-PVR and BeyondTV would not have work rigth with out it when the 1st encoder is in use it would been inpossable to rec or just listen to the Radio.
Old 05-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage Icon

Found the STVi... had it all along...

Imported it into SageMC and added it to the "My Menu" tab... not very polished, but gets it in there working.

I have a 500 and (2) 250s and I seem to be able to tune on all three tuners. The server is in the basement and only one is connected to an anetenna, so it is the best reception. Is there a way to prefer this tuner? I gues it would be best to make it the lowest priority for video to... hmmm
Old 05-04-2006, 08:38 PM
Sage User

briands: To make the tuner "FM Only" you can go to the "setup video sources" menu and remove the card from the configured video sources. The FM Radio menu can use unconfigured cards... but that has the disadvantage of not being able to record video on that card at all. Your guess of setting the encoder merit to the lowest in the system is probably the best solution at this time.

I ran into the same problem this evening... I lost a video recording because the radio application was running. I am working on changes that will allow the system to properly take over the FM Tuner when the card is needed for a video recording.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:49 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrmage
I ran into the same problem this evening... I lost a video recording because the radio application was running. I am working on changes that will allow the system to properly take over the FM Tuner when the card is needed for a video recording.
That would be cool. I noticed that if you had something scheduled to record and you were using the FM tuner... it would prompt you for permission to switch to record your show, but you had physically click yes to tell it to switch. I had SageTV minimized so I didn't see the pop up until I restored the window. If an auto switch isn't possible, maybe a better/flashier notification would help. I don't know, but I am very happy with it so far. And you are doing a kick butt job for not having much time to work on it.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:36 AM
Sage User

Another release... this time it has some goodies too... as well as some bugfixes...

raulinigo: auto switch didn't fix the problem... but auto shut-off does.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:53 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Another release... this time it has some goodies too... as well as some bugfixes...

raulinigo: auto switch didn't fix the problem... but auto shut-off does.
On first glance I noticed a type-o

In the options menu.... it says automatically true off instead of turn off. Not a big deal.

Also think there is a bug in the lock presets feature. Even when unlocked... they appear to be locked. I say this because there appears to be no way to clear presets. I'm liking the new options/features (not sure if I really dig the red outline though, I kind of liked the way it looked without it, but I would like the lock feature as well). Just my opinion.

I just tested the tuner release for scheduled recordings and it worked perfect. FM tuner turns off 5 minutes before a sceduled recording.

Thanks for the update. This keeps getting better and better.

Edit 2: Is it just my system, or is the FM volume much louder than the TV volume? Is it just my tuner (pvr500mce)? Is there a way to fix that? I also just noticed sage has a problem in general. It doesn't remember previously set volume levels. It resets the volume to max volume each time you return.

Last edited by raulinigo; 05-05-2006 at 01:46 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 04:09 AM
Sage User

New bugfix (and feature addition) version available.

raulinigo: I don't notic a difference between FM and TV volume.. I do notice a huge difference between TV volume on the Hauppauge units vs. the ATI Theater 550 (The 550 is half the volume). I get around that by using the ac3filter as the audio decoder, and configuring the ac3filter to normaize the volume.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Dekard: Make sure you have the latest version. There was a recent fix for tuning problems. Also... as mentioned previously, support for clients and MVPs is under development. Also... If you are getting TV audio instead of FM radio, the device may not have an FM tuner. I have a machine here with a PVR150 (no FM tuner) and a PVR150MCE (with FM tuner) in it. Even though the PVR150 does not have a tuner, it reports that it has an FM Radio input on it. I have not yet found a way to detect that this input does not function properly.
Well, you just described my tuners. Guess I'll haev to wait till you sort that out to get it working.
Old 05-05-2006, 07:42 AM
Sage Icon

First, let me say again how cool I think this is... even though the wife said... but there is a tuner sitting right on top of the TV?

Is there a fundamental reason that the radio will not persist if I leave the radio screen? I would like it to stay active until some other media is selected to play.

Also, I am not at home right now, is there a "command" now for the FM Radio Screen - can an remote button be assigned to it?

Thanks!

ps - another quick question... How does one update and STVi? Do I just import the new version on top of the old?

Last edited by briands; 05-05-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2006, 08:25 AM

The ATI Theater 550 vol on Radio has alway been higher TV
Old 05-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ok... Something we've all been waiting for...

Here is a VERY ALPHA version (which is why it isn't an import) of the default SageTV V5 STV with FM Radio support.
can not unzip under winxp
Server - Lenovo K320 with WindowsHomeServer2011, 10 Terabyte HD's on stablebit drivepool, (1 x DuoFlex CT Octopus PCIe DVB-C 4 Tuner all with LM-DVB-SmartRecorder, dbox2, run SageTV as Service, DeskNow Mail and Collaboration server, 2 Terabyte NAS (Ximeta) as seconf backup, 1Gb/s MSI ePower HD Network, 3xHD100, 1xHD200, 1xHD300, Panasonic LCD 55" TV, Sharp LCD TV, JVC LCD TV, Touchscreen LCD, PlaceShifter
cu at http://www.dbuschek.de