SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
can not unzip under winxp
Unzip works fine for me. Thanks for the update. Works great.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:19 PM

Yup same here it unzip just fine.
Say cybrmage have tested SageTV Client becuases it not working here dose the server all need this?.
Old 05-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Sage User

Dekard: I have not been able to discover a way to determine which tuner is non-functional... as a second best method, tuner exclusion should solve the immediate problem. When you find a tuner that tunes TV audio instead of FM Audio, add it to the exclusion list and it won't show up again.

briands: Thanks! The tuner sitting there is not the point... The point is getting to play with the toys. Gotta love the toys 8-}

DIBU: I archived the files with Winzip 9 using maximum compression (had to send some large file to SageTV support earlier in the week)... this may be why you are having problems. If you can, try with a newer version of Winzip, otherwise I will redo the file with normal compression and post it again.

SSH: I develop and test on a laptop with SageTV v5.0.1 (used as both a client and a server) with the FM Radio STV installed. The server is SageTV V5.0.1 with the stock STV and nielm's Dynamic Menus plugin, detailed info plugin, JB's miniguide plugin and the encoder names plugin. (I don't remember off the top of my head who made all the plugins... my apologies to the plugin authors...). The server does not need the FM Radio plugin.

to all:

I have just been noticing, over the past month or so, a whole pile of people posting an "it doen't work for me" message with no information in threads for various different plugins.

It wasn't until recently, when I actually started writing a plugin myself that I fully realized the complexity of the Studio environment and of SageTV.

Be aware that my system is not the same as your system.

I test to the best of my ability with the equipment that I have available to me. If it doesn't work for you... that is unfortunate. I will work to make the plugin better if I can, but "it not working here" tells me absolutely nothing about what is happening on your system.

If you are having a problem, and you think it has to do with the plugin, and want me to try and fix it, please have the courtesy of describing the problem you are having with as much detail as you can. so that we can avoid days of passing useless messages back and forth. I am not a mind reader. I can't see what is happening on your system.

My original intent was to post the STV (so that it didn't get lost forever on my harddrive) and get back to it after things slowed down at work... but because a few people actually posted descriptions of what was working and what wasn't working with enough detail, I was able to put out six versions this week, all in what little spare time I had (that's what I get for being addicted to SageTv and the forums 8-}). To those people, I say thank you!!!
Old 05-06-2006, 06:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybrmage
Dekard: I have not been able to discover a way to determine which tuner is non-functional... as a second best method, tuner exclusion should solve the immediate problem. When you find a tuner that tunes TV audio instead of FM Audio, add it to the exclusion list and it won't show up again.
OK, let me try to post a clear, thorough response. First, thanks a ton for a terrific tool. I'm using the .06 installed as a stv and still having some problems. When I try to use the mod I have no tuners listed. I can however tune tv perfectly. Again, I'm using a pvr-150 and a pvr-150 mce.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:23 AM

Well I have ver 5.02 install
I didn't install any SageTV plugin in may SageTV non-server testing system which wasn't my main SageTV server system I just move new PVR 500 over to main SageTV Server box install the radio you made on my SageTV Client it to bone stock and I have the radio menu but it not tuner rigth it showing 88.100001.61 and going up in channel it really start wack out.

You really should develop with bone stock SageTV then other develop can add in there plug-in.

Normal Compression is Compatible with all 3rdparty even dos cybrmage the new Maximum Compression is not Compatible alot of 3rdparty arhive tools.

Last edited by SHS; 05-06-2006 at 08:49 AM.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekard
OK, let me try to post a clear, thorough response. First, thanks a ton for a terrific tool. I'm using the .06 installed as a stv and still having some problems. When I try to use the mod I have no tuners listed. I can however tune tv perfectly. Again, I'm using a pvr-150 and a pvr-150 mce.
Only your 150 MCE will have the FM radio. If you look at your card you'll have 2 coax connections, one for cable, one for FM. If you don't have both connections you don't have FM. If the one you are referring to is acutally the MCE kit that doesn't appear to have a radio either.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Only your 150 MCE will have the FM radio. If you look at your card you'll have 2 coax connections, one for cable, one for FM. If you don't have both connections you don't have FM. If the one you are referring to is acutally the MCE kit that doesn't appear to have a radio either.

Gerry
Right, I've got the antenna hooked up and with .04 I was able to tune some radio stations. .06 doesn't show any tuners though.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIBU
can not unzip under winxp
Same here - Version 0.06 I get error message File Skipped Unknown compression method.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:15 PM
Sage User

new bugfix and experimental feature version available.

Experimental features:
Automatic tuner switching. When the SageTV scheduler wants to take the current tuner for a scheduled recording, automatic tuner switching will try to find another tuner that is available at the time the scheduler prompts for the channel change and at the time that the scheduled recording will start. If it finds one, it will switch to that tuner immediately. If it does not find one, then it will try to find one that is available at the time that the scheduled recording will start, and if it finds one, it will release the current tuner and wait until the new tuner is available then switch to it. I have tested the feature on my system(s) and it seems to work... your results may vary... if you don't want to try this feature, leave the option set to NO.

Dekard:
I read your first report and did some testing on my system.. i couldn't find anything wrong... then you posted your second report and a lightbulb went on... seems that the encoder exclusion code is at fault... I have made some changes to the code and added a few debugging options.

Try the new STV or STVi... Start FM Radio, go to the options menu, select clear all FM Radio Properties, then exit and restart the FM Radio. If that doesn't make the tuners appear, go to the options menu and set the show all capture card inputs to yes, then go to the tuner screen. Let me know if your capture card appears in the (long) list of inputs. Thanks

SHS:
I managed to reproduce the problem (finally) on my client system. Hopefully it is fixed in v0.07.

My development system IS a stock SageTV install with just the FM Radio additions. My MAIN server (which the client development install connects to) has the addons. It is the system that I use to record shows and watch TV.

briands:
Sorry about the zip file problem... it has been rectified.

Last edited by cybrmage; 05-06-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-07-2006, 05:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Dekard:
I read your first report and did some testing on my system.. i couldn't find anything wrong... then you posted your second report and a lightbulb went on... seems that the encoder exclusion code is at fault... I have made some changes to the code and added a few debugging options.
So, good news and bad news. The bad is the clear all options setting didn't work for me. The button didn't do anything when I clicked OK. So, i tried 'show all tuners' and got a nice fat list. The bad news is I don't have a list that shows fm tuners. I've got these:

video0's s-video, composite, tv tuner AND video 1's s-video, tv tuner and composite. Selecting tv-tuner on either one provides tv audio only.

One more note, in the USA we tune fm stations in .02 increments. You'll need to provide an option for tuning in .01 increments for international users or provide for direct frequency entry. Also, seek or scan features would allow tuning of these frequencies.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage User

Dekard:

The "clear all" option doesn't really do anything visible... it erases all the property values so that they are recreated from scratch... just in case some disfunction of the plugin had messed up the values.

If the "Show all capture device inputs" option does not show any "FM Tuner" inputs, then you do not have any capture cards with FM Radio capability... or you are using drivers for your capture card that do not provide FM Tuner support (IE: some early Hauppauge drivers, FM Radio was disabled by Hauppauge due to driver issues)... or something is masking the FM Tuner input from from SageTV. What is option does is ask SageTV to report all the capture cards in the system then it asks each capture card for its list of inputs, then displays them without any filtering.

Did you change anything on your server between version .04 and .06?
Have you tried rebooting your server? (The FM Inputs may have locked up and the driver is no longer detecting them)

A couple of things to try:
1) go to "Media Center" then "Music" then "Songs by Title"... Do the "FM Tuner" inputs appear in the first several entries in the list?
2) reload version .04. Do the FM Tuners appear?

I had planned to have a scan function... but some extensive testing showed that it would not be possible. The IsSignalLost API function will return false for all frequencies tuned regardless of reception. So that leaves

As far as frequency bands and channel seperation goes, North America uses a .2MHz, odd multiples only, frequency allocation. Being that I live in North America, that it the frequency band that I decided to program first (for obvious reasons)... I will eventually have the frequency band and channel seperation set automatically according to the country you selected when you first set up SageTV (at least to the best of my ability to determine the correct settings for the countries that are in the Setup Wizard). various sources say that the U.K. uses .05MHz, .1MHz, .2MHz or .27Mhz seperation... I'm gonna have fun figuring that one out 8-}

Regards
Old 05-07-2006, 02:27 PM

Dekard it may not work under Linux
Old 05-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage User

New version v0.08 available. Minor additions - Automatic frequency band and channel seperation detection.

Regards
Old 05-08-2006, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Works Great using my PVR-350 ... in both the SAGE server as well as the clients

Anything status on the the MVPs and Placeshifter

Excellet work

-Craig
1 notebook 1G of RAM 1.6Ghz Windows XP Home & 2 desktops win2k P3
Orig Ver: Sage 2.2
Old 05-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
New version v0.08 available. Minor additions - Automatic frequency band and channel seperation detection.

Regards
So if I re-import this new one will it overwrite the old imported version? Side note: I had this working great for the first time yesterday afternoon, then I had to restart the computer and when I tried to access it again, the presets were all gone. Any ideas? Also it seemed like it didn't want to tune correctly or show the correct frequency on the display. I.e. I would tell it to go up in frequency and it would go down, or for what ever reason just stick around 90.x on the dial. I gave up and went to bed.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Another side note. My Hauppauge remote control has a button on it for radio. When you install Sage tv the default irremote.ini file has a command for the radio button. I think it is (ctrl + shift + r) but it doesn't do anything at the moment. Anyway, is there anyway to link your FM radio support to a remote command or keystroke? Or maybe even use one of the Custom commands like Neilm uses for comskip?

Also I'd like to directly be able to enter a frequency in stead of tuning up and down to find it.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am having a glitch. When I ran your original beta everything worked as you stated. I have tried to upgrade to .06 and now .08 both have the same issue. The menu's don't clear when a new menu is selected. they 'ghost' on top of each other.
I am running V5.
I have tried it in both of the following locations. thinking it couldnt find the images to apply. neither made a difference.
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs
and
C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\SageTV3

Old 05-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_15
neither made a difference.
That looks really wierd. Try using the import stvi instead of the stand alone xml.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Dekard:

The "clear all" option doesn't really do anything visible... it erases all the property values so that they are recreated from scratch... just in case some disfunction of the plugin had messed up the values.

If the "Show all capture device inputs" option does not show any "FM Tuner" inputs, then you do not have any capture cards with FM Radio capability... or you are using drivers for your capture card that do not provide FM Tuner support (IE: some early Hauppauge drivers, FM Radio was disabled by Hauppauge due to driver issues)... or something is masking the FM Tuner input from from SageTV. What is option does is ask SageTV to report all the capture cards in the system then it asks each capture card for its list of inputs, then displays them without any filtering.

Did you change anything on your server between version .04 and .06?
Have you tried rebooting your server? (The FM Inputs may have locked up and the driver is no longer detecting them)

A couple of things to try:
1) go to "Media Center" then "Music" then "Songs by Title"... Do the "FM Tuner" inputs appear in the first several entries in the list?
2) reload version .04. Do the FM Tuners appear?
Let me toss this at you. I'm using a Linux server. Checking the logs shows it is detecting the fm tuners. And no, the tuners don't show up as the first few songs. Since I know they are detected by the OS, would this indicate that they are masked from Sage some how? This makes me want to check with Jeff and Company about this.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humanzee
That looks really wierd. Try using the import stvi instead of the stand alone xml.
I reverted back to the default STV, had to resart sage to get the appearance back. (I tried that with the 08 without luck.) I tried to get that to work, never used dynamic menus before.

I played around with it some more, I am unsure what exactly happened to allow it to work right. but I now have the stv working smoothly.