SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 05-10-2006, 07:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Warning! Lost end time incorrectly reported in Sage

Sage lists Lost as ending at 9:01 p.m. (Central time). It actually is suppoed to end at 9:05 p.m.

There was a thread awhile back during March that someone started to talk about the EPG not being up to date in Sage. Everyone once in awhile, I've noticed this too. Sometimes Sage will be maybe 2 or 3 days behind the DataDirect zap2it listings.

What happened with Lost this week is they announced the schedule time late. The Futon Critic reported the time had been changed. So I thought I would check it out. First I checked the zap2it website. They correctly list the time. I then checked my DataDirect downloads from yesterday (I download once per week.). I downloaded yesterday at 7 p.m. My Sage listings were downloaded early this morning. So, as we discussed in March, Sage is behind both the free DataDirect and the zap2it website.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:12 PM
Sage Icon

Oh my

thx
Old 05-10-2006, 08:10 PM
Sage Icon

the networks are doing this on purpose to annoy PVR users. Make sure to pad your recordings to counter this. But of course, if you have single tuner (tivo), then you are screwed as it will interfere with the next recording immediately after.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:13 PM
Sage Icon

mine recorded from 6 - 7pm est and I got the whole recording. I guess the canadian channels must air it differently.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to MrApollinax Send a message via AIM to MrApollinax
I just finished watching tonight's LOST. The recording showed it was 1:01 but caught the entire episode. Actually the recording caught the first minute of Invasion.
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Using Wireshark to Troubleshoot Network Issues with your SageTV Setup
Old 05-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy

Same here. LOST missed the last 4 minutes, at least someone at work told me the ending.

Now Smallville's season finale last night was another story. Last I saw was Lex and Lana meeting on the roof of LutherCorp - then chop - it's over. Whatever happened afterwards is still a mystery to me.

I know it's the networks. I know padding can get around this - I just didn't have them padded because I'm only a high functioning moron.

I'll know better for the finales of Surviror and Amazing Race next week!

john