SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 05-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

Talking Planned Support for ATI's OCUR - CableCard tuner?

Hi, I was curious if Sage plans on releasing support for ATI's OCUR product when it is available? In case you missed it ATI's OCUR will bring CableCard tuning to the PC using a USB 2.0 connection. Both the internal and external version use a USB 2.0 connection to function. Currently it's listed for support with Microsoft's VISTA but I want to keep using SageTV!!!!

The reason I want it is I'd like to move to digital cable and have actual HDTV conent. Without the need for a settop box and clunky IR sender setup. With CableCards I can enable my TVs and SageTV to have tuners that are compatible with my cable provider.

Since I don't use pay-per-view and can use the SageTV EPG I'd be 100% set. I'd even pay for an upgrade of SageTV to handle this device.

Yes, I know it's not out yet but it will be very soon!

Thanks for the answer.
-Nyle
Old 05-14-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I don't know if about Sage will support the ATI OCUR (certainly hope so!), but I'm just hoping for 3rd party availability of the OCUR. There was a thread a while back about this card, and the upshot from that thread was that ATI was only going to sell these things as a part of pre-configured OEM Vista boxes.

Like everyone else here, I would absolutely love a solution for sat/cable HD beyond the current R5000 mod.

I guess we'll just have to wait to see if/when ATI starts selling these cards to consumers. Here's hoping it's soon!

cheers,
Dave