SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 06-05-2006, 01:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

unable to tune bbc4 - scanchannelsbda "scan timed out"

I have recently been unable to tune bbc4 using my terratec cinergy 2400i. Previously I have been able to tune bbc4 no problem.

I can't say for sure when it started happening. I had probably unrelated problems with my hauppauge wintv pvr usb2

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18167

This resulted in me using system restore in xp and totally reinstalling sage from scratch

I wanted to run scanchannelsbda again to see if the frequencies have changed but when I ran the scan I get the "signal locked" message but then "scan timed out". No channels are retrieved. Other dvb channels still work fine

Anybody know why that is?

thanks
paul
Old 06-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Sage Expert

I used ScanChannelsBDA when I was using a Kworld card but had the same problem as you when using a Cinergy 2400i. I ended up getting some settings from fellow users, the web and from Anders SBDARecorder.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:51 AM
Sage Icon

Is BBC4 on a different frequency than other channels that are OK?

If so it maybe an interference issue where the card sees that the signal is there but there are too many errors to make any sense of it.
Old 06-08-2006, 01:15 PM
Sage Advanced User

got to the bottom of this. It seems that sage was unable to tune the final channel in my .frq file. Whichever channel was last could not be tuned.

So I upped my total channels by one and created a dummy channel that I'll never want to tune. All my channels now tune as they should.

Still not sure why I can't use scanchannelsbda - it was working before

cheers
paul
Old 10-22-2006, 07:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

Did you ever work this out? I have got ScanChannelsBDA able to see that it has tuned to a channel, but it doesn't see anything in it - it can't generate a channels.ini.

SageBDARecorder on the other hand can see channels if I tell it a frequency without any problems. Sage still won't play :-(
Old 10-22-2006, 02:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got it working again now.

It was either upgrading the terratec drivers that sorted it or rounding the frequencies e.g. 622166 to 622000.

In Sage my .frq file which stores the frequencies for each channel there is a mixture of rounded and non rounded frequencies e.g. for E4 I found that leaving the frequency as is worked but Sky News I had to round to get the channel to work in Sage.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:42 AM
Sage Icon

With 6.0.12 I have every channel rounded, works fine. First tune on a couple of channels took a little while.

When your last channel wasn't tuning, did you have one channel commented out? If you have
Channels: 2
Ch: 1
# Ch: 2
Ch: 3
It counts the commented one as a channel so doesn't read the last line. Best to leave your Channels as 200, then no problems.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients