SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-08-2006, 08:50 AM
Sage User

Invalid wireless MVP MAC address

I just received a new wireless MediaMVP and I'm encountering several issues. The most troubling of which is the fact that the MAC address shown in my DHCP tables for the wired interface is different than the one printed on the sticker on the bottom of the unit.

Lets get the background info out of the way.

SageTV 5.0.4

Wireless MediaMVP (Model 86017 Rev H3 Lot 0106) which shows firmware version 2.05 on the boot screens. The sticker on the bottom says...
MAC 000DFE077E6C WIRED
MAC 000DFE077E6D WIRELESS

I have two other older wired MVPs that are working fine so the network, firewall, etc. shouldn't be an issue.

I was also seeing a line like this in my sagetv_0.txt log file.
Couldn't match client 00:50:c2:24:5f:ff

After some forum mining I added this line to my sagetv.properties file
miniserver/clients=MVP/00:50:c2:24:5f:ff/192.168.0.133

Now this does seem to do the trick but makes me uncomfortable. My primary concern is that I may have a bad unit. This MAC address is not a Hauppage MAC address and I've seen other posts on the forum discussing problems with MVPs that have this _exact_ same MAC address. This should never happen. A secondarily (and minor) point is that I would rather not have to get into the business of doind static DHCP assignments.

In addition I didn't receive a CD in my box so I can't even try the wireless interface until I get that sorted out.
Old 06-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Sage Fanatic

Dan indicates here that Hauppauge uses a modified MAC address for the wireless connection. Maybe that is what you are seeing.

http://forums.freytechnologies.com/f...MAC#post161200
Old 06-13-2006, 09:45 AM
Sage User

According to Hauppage my MVP is broken. They have graciously agreed to cross ship me a new one. Hopefully this will solve all of my issues.