SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Sage User

Sage hanging with plextor M402U

I've been using a PVR250 for years with sage, and just recently added a M402U as a second encoder. Ever since installing the 402U, sage will hang in a very odd way after being up about a day.
What happens is that it will not stop recording on ALL encoders at the end of the current show. The sage interface says for example "recording xxx at 1:00pm until 1:30pm" on both encoders, but the current time is 3pm. Also, if I attempt to playback any existing files, "watch now" returns immediately back to the menu without attempting to play video. At this point sage cannot be killed or stopped by any method other than reboot.
After reboot, the recordings which sage was recording when it crashed are perfectly playable, but their length corresponds to the time from starting to record till I reboot the computer.

I'm using Sage 5.0.4 with java 1.4.11 and the most current drivers for both encoders. Both encoders are set to record to mpeg2 standard dvd setting. If I unplug the 402U this bug does not happen, it's only when the 402U is installed, but it affects all of Sage's functionality. Does anyone have a clue what's going on and how I might be able to fix it?
Old 06-25-2006, 02:28 PM
Administrator

Since you said that you have the latest driver for the Plextor, you could see if there is an older version just to see what happens. It wouldn't be the first time that a new driver added a problem.

You could also turn on debug logging and send the results to SageTV to see if they can tell what might be happening.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:25 AM
Sage User

Ok, 2 days and so far no crash. It appears to be something with the plextor 2.0.2.2 drivers. The 2.0.1.6 drivers are doing OK so far.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:04 AM
Sage User

I spoke too soon. Yesterday evening I found sage hung again. This is with the drivers that ship with the encoder. Same exact issue. Server interface just doesnt respond, client interface works until I try to play a file or view tv listing. TV listings cause the client to hang with the spinning sage icon forever. I did have debug on this run, so I should be able to post a log when I get home, but based off what I've seen in the past, no obvious (to me) errors.