SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Sage Icon

Welcome to Sage Forums.

Yes, the stationlist.txt file should have been copied to your sagetv/sagetv root directory, as it's in the zip file. Did you have sage closed out when you unzipped everything?

I've attached a copy of my stationlist.txt, to at least get you started.
Attached Files
File Type: txt stationlist.txt (649 Bytes, 451 views)
Old 08-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage User

Thanks.

I must've screwed something up during my install because i put your list in there and the stations still didn't show up. I'm gonna try a reinstall. Thanks again.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
Sage Icon

Make sure that your checkbox for use folder names is checked, when unzipping. That can cause the most problems.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:48 PM
Sage Icon

haubrija, I had the same problem and it turned out to be the java version (or at least backing up worked).

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=106
Old 08-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

I seem to have a bug with this import along with SageMC 6.9b. I would guess it is in the import, not the STV (but not sure). Here is how to reproduce it on my box:

1. Start to play a streaming radio station.
2. Go to the top level menu.
3. Select My TV.
4. Select to watch live TV.
5. Now the radio audio stops, as it should since another media type has started.
6. Now, if you stop the TV and go back to the radio stations, and select to start a stream, nothing happens (silence).

You can fix it by rebooting Sage.
It will NOT happen if you stopped the radio stream to begin with before starting the live TV. In that case you could go back to the streaming radio plugin after watching TV, and it works fine.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

In case it helps, I am using the Java that came with the latest Sage, 1.4.2_11.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

...bump...
Has anyone had a moment to confirm this bug?
Old 08-18-2006, 04:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
...bump...
I'll try it out on my machine tonight ...

Dirk
Old 08-20-2006, 01:30 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hi! I'm trying to install this for the first time and have ran into a problem. When I go into the screen, it is blank (except for the controls on the left). I looked in my SageTV/SageTV folder and there isn't a stationlist.txt file. I created one, but the screen is still blank. I guess it isn't finding the file. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2006, 02:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madcoder
...bump...
Nope, can't confirm this, works fine for me ...

Dirk
Old 08-20-2006, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcato
Hi! I'm trying to install this for the first time and have ran into a problem. When I go into the screen, it is blank (except for the controls on the left). I looked in my SageTV/SageTV folder and there isn't a stationlist.txt file. I created one, but the screen is still blank. I guess it isn't finding the file. Any suggestions?

Thanks
What version of Java do you have? Also, check the zip file that you used to install it. If there is a stationlist.txt in there, then most likely, it did not get installed right. Scratch that, just checked my latest version, 11b, and it did not have the stationlist.txt in there.

My guess, is that it's a Java thing. I'm using 1.5.0_8, and I think it still works, haven't tried it lately...
Old 08-20-2006, 05:57 PM
Sage Advanced User

It looks like I've got 1.4.2_08. With all the problems with various Java versions, I'm a little afraid to miss with it since the core functions work great. What version of Java is recommend when using VMR9, 3D Accl., Nvidia PureVideo...?
Old 08-20-2006, 06:03 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, that's the problem with Java. Bugs need to get fixed. From what I've heard, 1.5.0_9 will fix the memory leak that causes Sage to crash. I'm using _8, and so far I haven't had any crashes yet.

Java is fairly easy to work with though. Just go into Add/Remove Programs, and see what you have installed. In my case, I just have one version at a time installed. Document what you have (or create an image), and then remove what you have, and install another version. It's pretty easy. I always keep several version of Java in my HTPC Software/Java directory, that way I don't have to go redownload it if something doesn't work.

Oh, are you using Sage Service, or just SageTV stand-alone? If using the service, you don't have to worry about Sage crashing, say, when watching a show, because you just kill the "client" software, and not the service. That way, if something is recording, you don't lose it.
Old 08-31-2006, 01:44 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to Ted@TNT
Visualization support?

Do any of the web radios offer visualization support through sageMC?

I know that visualizations work if web radio is used directly within winamp, but I'd love to have them through SageMC's web radio. Frankly, if they aren't available, I probably won't install the plugin and will use winamp for web radio exclusively.
W7 64-bit, SageTV V7, Phoenix2 Asus P5W DH-Deluxe Motherboard, Core 2 Quad, 12 GB DDR2, 250 GB OS, 2 TB Recordings, 6 TB Movies (holding DVD library), nVidia 285, HD PVR 1212 x2, HDHR x2, Zalmann HD160XT case, Harmony 890pro Remote. Pioneer 50" KURO Plasma, Pioneer Elite 7.1 surround A/V receiver, Energy & Paradigm speakers.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy I'm having the same problem ...

I have the original Sage MC and the update. I made sure it was closed when I extracted, but no stationlist.txt was generated, so no stations showed in the list. So, I read through here a bit, and then went to check my Java version. It's already the latest one. So, I downloaded the stationlist.txt geogecko provided and stuck it in there, just as a trial.

Still no go.

Thoughts? (this is my first time trying to customize Sage in any way, so treat me gently, please)

--Heidi
Old 09-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Sage Icon

What version of Java do you have? The latest version could be the latest version of 1.4, 1.5 or the beta 1.6!

If using SageMC, you can find out by going to the Settings main menu item, and it should be in the system information area.

Ah, more information in response to your other post in the SageMC thread...

Last edited by geogecko; 09-12-2006 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
What version of Java do you have? The latest version could be the latest version of 1.4, 1.5 or the beta 1.6!
Sorry about the double-post. I'm running 1.5.0_06
Old 09-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
Originally Posted by alleghator
I have the original Sage MC and the update. I made sure it was closed when I extracted, but no stationlist.txt was generated, so no stations showed in the list. So, I read through here a bit, and then went to check my Java version. It's already the latest one. So, I downloaded the stationlist.txt geogecko provided and stuck it in there, just as a trial.

Still no go.

Thoughts? (this is my first time trying to customize Sage in any way, so treat me gently, please)

--Heidi
Are you following these instructions?

Code:
1. extract the zip file in the root folder of your sageTV installation
2. import the webradio_import_1_1.stvi in the detailed setup screen to install the plugin and have a menu item being added to the Online Services menu. 
If you use Nielm's Dynamic Menu plugin you simply create a menu item and link it to the internal screen named "WebRadio by koelec". 
3. When you access the Web Radio menu screen for the first time the plugin will create an initial stationlist.txt file with some example stations if it can not find a stationlist.txt file
in the root folder of the SageTV installation forder, ie normally SageTV/SageTV.
My guess is you are missing the second part of step 2. "Create a menu item and link it to the internal screen named "WebRadio by koelec"
If you are using SageMC you won't need Nielm's Dynamic Menu Plugin as it is already incorporated into the STV.

Miller

Last edited by millers_35; 09-12-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Actually, I'm using SageMC, not dynamic menus. I created a radio menu item and it goes nicely to the web radio screen. But then all I have is a menu "Web Radio Now Playing" with the options "next station, previous station, back." Under the Web Radio heading there are spots for title, artist and station.

But other than that, it's all blank.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:26 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
and you tried putting the stationlist.txt in C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV

I'm pretty sure thats where it gets generated, I believe thats where mine is, I'm just going from memory.

Miller