SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-10-2006, 10:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Arrow STV Import: Web Radio Plugin for SageMC v1.1b 7/31/06

This STV import takes the incredible WebRadio import created by koelec and provides a STV import that is customized for the SageMC base STV. The download here contains koelec's download zip with all of the support files but with the original webradio_import_1_1.stvi replaced by webradio_sagemc_import_1_1b.xml.

See koelecs main Web Radio page for additional details and information:
STV Import: Simple Web Radio

No Longer Supported
Please note that this import is no longer supported, as the SlimPlayer import has additional features and is capable of playing the steams of this player. This plugin will have formatting issues when imported under SageMC 6.3.5 or above.

Installation
  • download zip file from this page Simple WebRadio for SageMC
  • extract the zip file in the root folder of your sageTV installation
  • import the webradio_sagemc_import_1_1b.xml in the detailed setup screen to install the plugin
  • Map a remote or keyboard command to Custom2 and/or add the WebRadio to a menu with Studio or instructions farther down.
    When you access the Web Radio menu screen for the first time the plugin will create an initial stationlist.txt file with some example stations if it can not find a stationlist.txt file in the root folder of the SageTV installation forder, ie normally SageTV/SageTV.
History

v0.1 - 6/16/2006
first version
(modification of the koelec 0.1 version)

v1.0 - 6/20/2006
(modification of the koelec 1.0 version)
  • Major cleanup
  • Change the remote commands to select prev/next stations to use REW#2/FF#2 instead of Ch Up/Dn
v1.1 - 7/08/2006
  • Add volume bar indicator when changing volume
  • Handling power off events
  • Stop playback when media player starts video/music (yay!)
  • Force Back button to have default focus on Now Playing screen.
  • Custom2 remote command will take you to WebRadio page
  • When on the WebRadio page, Custom2 will take you to WebRadio Now Playing
  • When on the WebRadio Now Playing page, Custom2 will take you to main WebRadio page
  • A single press of numeric key on remote or keyboard will start one of the first 10 entries in station list. (1 is 1st, 0 is 10th).
v1.1a - 7/11/2006
  • Correct problem when trying to scroll station list when cursor reaches the bottom or top of page.
  • Correct problem of Right cursor key on station list item not going to Now Playing screen on first press.
  • Add alternate xml import (webradio_sagemc_haup34_import_1_1a.xml) for Hauppauge 34 key remote users that removes volume and Left/Right key handlers from Web Radio pages because of ambiguous use of the multipurpose cursor keys.
v1.1b - 7/31/2006
  • Prevent "display_video_on_menus" setting from inadvertantly getting set to Never in different situations. This affects the display of the video preview window on the guide and menus.
Adding to Menu

To add it to the SageMC MyMenu page without using studio, here are some easy instructions I modified from flachbar on adding it to My Menu.

- enable My Menu in the main menu options menu (ESC on keyboard)
- go to My Menu
- you'll get an error screen, but just ignore it
- bring up the options menu
- Add new menu item
- Internal screen
- scroll down to "WebRadio by koelec"' and select it
- enter a name for the menu
- bring up options menu again, select 'save menu def file'
- bring up options menu again, select 're-read menu def file'
- now you should have a menu item which will open up the Movie Times screen

... or you can use the new menu modification configuration in the new SageMC Addon under
Settings->DetailedSetup->Advanced->SageMC 16x9 Options->Menus and specify "WebRadio by koelec"as a menu screen

Last edited by Morgan111; 03-24-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:40 AM
Sage Icon

This is going to be sweet. I've been watching that other thread, thinking that would be cool...and here it is!

Thanks. I'll probably try this out sometime this week!

Nice work.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:43 AM
Sage Icon

What is the deal with the volume bar? (I haven't installed this yet, but thought a volume adjustment seemed strange, as this is normally controlled via a receiver, or through other means.)
Old 07-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by geogecko
What is the deal with the volume bar? (I haven't installed this yet, but thought a volume adjustment seemed strange, as this is normally controlled via a receiver, or through other means.)
This allows you to visually see the Sage volume level just as on the OSD when viewing a TV show or listening to music. That is of course if you are using Sage to control volume as I am. If you are controlling the volume on a speaker system outside of the PC then this would have no effect.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 AM
Sage Icon

Hmm...I didn't realize the volume level was showing on the OSD (or is that something you have to enable/disable). Thanks for the clarification.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:36 AM
Sage Fanatic

IT looks like you will not see it with external players such Winamp for music or an external media player for video. Other then that, it you send a volume command, Sage should display it on the media player window.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Sage Icon

What is "commons-logging.jar" used for? The one in the zip file is older than the one I currently have installed?

Oh, and "df_sageutils.jar".

Like, 2 years older (2004).

Last edited by geogecko; 07-11-2006 at 07:43 PM.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
What is "commons-logging.jar" used for? The one in the zip file is older than the one I currently have installed?

I don't know too much about all of the support files. I just repackaged those as included from Koelec's distribution. You should check with him on the other thread. I took what he had and redid the UI from his stvi file. The df_sageutils.jar is a library of routines to simplify STV imports by flachbar. It is covered by this thread:
Utility functions to simplify STV import
Old 07-11-2006, 09:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Yeah, this is my import utility library. But it really shouldn't be from 2004, I just started to use Sage in 2006 ...

Dirk
Old 07-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Yeah, this is my import utility library. But it really shouldn't be from 2004, I just started to use Sage in 2006 ...

Dirk
LOL, well, I kept the newer versions...strange...
Old 07-12-2006, 01:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
This STV import takes the incredible WebRadio import created by koelec and provides a STV import that is customized for the SageMC base STV. The download here contains koelec's download zip with all of the support files but with the original webradio_import_1_1.stvi replaced by webradio_sagemc_import_1_1a.xml.
Hi Morgan111,

is it possible that the upload screwed up ? I just downloaded the new version, but it does not contain webradio_sagemc_import_1_1a.xml (nor the hauppauge patch file), only webradio_sagemc_import_1_1.xml which has a date of 7/6/06. I haven't installed and tried it yet, it just didn't look right ...

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Well that is strange. It has the correct name but has the old contents from 1.1. I just tried to re-upload a known good copy of the zip file but then if I try to download I get the old file contents from 1.1 with the new file name 1.1a. I don't event see a way to delete the existing one. Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111
Well that is strange. It has the correct name but has the old contents from 1.1. I just tried to re-upload a known good copy of the zip file but then if I try to download I get the old file contents from 1.1 with the new file name 1.1a. I don't event see a way to delete the existing one. Any ideas?
It seems the upload worked this time, the zip file contains the *1a.xml file. You might get the same old file because of browser caching, happened to me before too ...

The upload problem is well known, you probably uploaded the new file and modified some description text at the same time (it's hard to find anyone who did not run into this issue ). To avoid this, do one edit for the description, and another one for only uploading the new zipfile.

Dirk
Old 07-12-2006, 02:26 PM
Sage Icon

Just wondering, can you import over a previous version of an import, or should you start fresh?
Old 07-12-2006, 02:34 PM
SageTVaholic

geogecko,

You should generally start fresh when updating imports, unless the author of the import explicitly makes it so that you can reload over top of a previous version. Otherwise many bad things can happen with leftover hooks and screens lying about.

On the bright side, with the rate that flachbar releases updates to SageMC, you almost can't help but start fresh each time.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Sage Icon

LOL, well, I was thinking the same thing. I'll be downloading 6.7 of the addon tonight, so the only other thing to import new is MovieTimes...

Hey, I'm just glad we have those new custom menus, so we don't have to go through that hassle anymore!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Just wondering, can you import over a previous version of an import, or should you start fresh?
With this import you can re-import it if you already have it installed. I thought I mentioned that in the summary but I must have said that somewhere else...

I plan to make the MovieTheater import that way on the next update.
Old 07-15-2006, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Is any certain Java version needed for this? I've got it working perfectly on a test box, but when I moved to my production It won't list stations, or create a new station file if its missing. And I discovered that the only differences was the working one is running on 1.5 while the not working one if is still 1.4x, and I worry about upgrading Java if its NOT necessary!

Thanks
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Sage Icon

I thought I remember someone else having to upgrade to 1.5 to get it working, but don't
Quote:
me on that. I have it working, and I've got Java 1.5 installed...
Old 07-15-2006, 11:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thanks Geo... I kinda have the feeling but I don't see it in either radio thread about it needing 1.5, but I'm starting to think it does. What version of 1.5 are you running? Any issues over 1.4?

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.