SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Only Use Music Section of SageMC?

I posted this question in the massive SageMC thread, but I didn't get any bites. So I'm posting it again as its own thread.

I really like (and the family has gotten used to) the default Sage interface. The one (of many) great thing that SageMC brings to the table is the way it handles music (playing albums adding albums to the que, etc). I was wondering if it is possible to just add that functionality to the default Sage STV. Anybody ever try that? In theory it seems pretty easy, but I quickly got lost while I was poking about in Studio try to do it myself.

I've tried searching for the answer to this and I haven't any much luck. I appologize if this has already been covered somewhere.

Thanks,
Flips
Old 08-01-2006, 07:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

bump... anybody? I'm suprised I'm the only one that would be interested in this...
Old 08-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Administrator

I don't know how much longer the wait will be, but the next SageTV release will have a completely overhauled music library interface for the default STV. It has no problem playing individual songs/albums/etc., and you can add more items to the list currently being played. I think you'll like it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
I don't know how much longer the wait will be, but the next SageTV release will have a completely overhauled music library interface for the default STV. It has no problem playing individual songs/albums/etc., and you can add more items to the list currently being played. I think you'll like it.

- Andy

Thanks for the update!! I'm sure this will be appreciated by many.
JUC
Server: Athlon 2000XP; 1GB Kingston Ram; 250GB Seagate; 160GB Seagate; 160GB Western Digital; Lite-on DVD player; Hauppauge Rosyln; Hauppauge PVR-150; ATI AIW 7500; Actisys 200L; running stock v5 .stv

Client: MVP Extender running SageMC
Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

- Andy
Well THAT'S music to my ears.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-02-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

Awesome! Looking forward to it. Thanks!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:

- Andy
Hey Andy,

Since you appear to be in the mood to 'toss a few bones', any comment on improved visualizations in the upcoming release?

-PGPfan
Sage Server: Gigabyte 690AMD m-ATX, Athlon II X4 620 Propus, 3.0 GB ram, (1) VistaView dual analog PCI-e tuner, (2) Avermedia Purity 3D MCE 250's, (1) HD-Homerun, 1.5 TB of hard drives in a Windows Home Server drive pool, Western Digital 300GB 'scratch' disk outside the pool, Gigabit LAN
Sage Clients: MSI DIVA m-ATX, 5.1 channel 100w/channel amplifier card, 2 GB ram, , (1) Hauppauge MVP, (1) SageTV HD-100 Media Storage: unRAID 3.6TB server
Old 08-03-2006, 04:31 AM
Administrator

I can speak in terms of the MVP/Placeshifter/Linux UIs where the visualization wasn't available in the past & there was just a blank screen -- there will be an option to just show some song info on the screen instead of a graphical visualization. I like this option because I can see the current song info w/o having to toggle the OSD. (And, no, it won't burn into a static location.)

I don't think that's news though, since I believe this was mentioned in the past.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-03-2006, 12:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any news on being able to completely wipe out your music files in the database and start over from scratch (have some stuff in there that Ive been trying to get rid of for the longest)....

Clients: 2 HD Extenders
Old 08-07-2006, 05:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Woo Hoo! Music party!!!!

HTPC/Server: A8 3850; Win 7 Home x86 + Java 1.6.0_26; Sage 7.1.9; Driving Epson 8500 pj @ 1080p | Office: Core2Duo E8500 w/ EFI-X running OS X 10.5 & Win 7 Pro x64 (dual boot) + Java 1.6.0_20; Sage 7.0.23; Driving 30" Samsung 1900x1200 monitor