SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 07-28-2006, 08:56 AM
Sage Expert

STVI loaded twice..help...please

I loaded the Movies STVI a couple of months ago and could not get it to work. Today I tried again with a newer STVI version. There is a doubling up problem now because this STVI does not load over itself correctly..Thus, I was told to go back to a version of Sage before I added any thing.

I have 5.0.2 and want to stay with that for now. How do I get an STV before adding the Nelm dynamic thing and the movies thing?

And then how to I replace what I have so I can reload the add ons from scratch? I would think its as easy as replace the STV file with a pre add on STV file... I may have that somewhere, but not sure where.

Hope this made sense..

Thanks,

Gary
Old 07-28-2006, 09:28 AM
Sage Expert

Not sure I completely understand what you're trying to do, but if it's just a matter of wanting to revert back to the original STV that you were using so you can reload the stvi's you want in the proper way, and if you don't have a copy of the original STV somewhere that you can just reload it, just make a copy of your SageTV folder as a backup, then uninstall and re-install Sage and it'll revert back to the original STV. Then you can use the sage.properties or sageClient.properties files to copy over any UI changes you had made that you want to keep, as well as tuner info, etc.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Sage Icon

Imports don't overwrite the default STV so all you need to do is change your STV to SageTV3.xml and do your imports again.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Sage Expert

I assume I need stop Sage and stop the service mode..

Please be a little more specific when you say

"change your STV to SageTV3.xml"

how will this effect my MVP's?

Thanks,

Gary
Old 07-28-2006, 10:09 AM
SageTVaholic

No, you don't need to stop anything. Just go to Setup > Detailed Setup > Advanced > SageTV Application Package and browse for SageTV3.xml.

I'm not an MVP user so I can't say for sure about that, but I presume it will just use whatever STV you select in Setup. For Placeshifter clients, you'll probably have to reset the STV for each user individually.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:39 AM
Sage Expert

OK..I tried that and now I am locked out of Sage..

I get amessage asking for a log on ID and Passwordand then it says there is no placeshifter license...and it shuts down...

Gary
Old 07-28-2006, 10:42 AM
Sage Icon

I would try restarting the server.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:53 PM
Sage Expert

I've tried restarting...

It seems when I disable service mode, the server copy of Sage works fine, but of course I can not access the extender copy.

If I enable service mode, the the MVP extender copies work fine, but the server copy does not. says something like it looking for a placeshifter license...

so something is out of sink..

I think I need to delete the extender copy of sage and reinitiate it...

Maybe...

Gary