SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Sage Icon

Arrow STV Import: OSDClock

I don't know if anybody else will use this, but since I wanted it and it was fairly easy with flachbar's utilities I created a plugin that works with both the basic STV and SageMC. It will add a clock in the lower right corner of the screen while video is playing. It can be turned off/on in Detailed Setup/Customize.

If you're interested, download from:http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=101
Old 08-08-2006, 07:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Not seeing it. I imported it into a SageMC client, not the server. I see the option to enable it in Customize. I toggled it on and off and restarted the client. No osd on TV recordings or Imported videos. Should it also put something in the Sageclient.properties files? I'm not seeing anything there for osdclock either. Any ideas? I hope the digits aren't black.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Not seeing it. I imported it into a SageMC client, not the server. I see the option to enable it in Customize. I toggled it on and off and restarted the client. No osd on TV recordings or Imported videos. Should it also put something in the Sageclient.properties files? I'm not seeing anything there for osdclock either. Any ideas? I hope the digits aren't black.

Gerry
Just tried it out here on my client, the clock shows for me (the digits are white ). It seems the code stores the setting in the server property file, so that's why you dont see anything in SageClient.properties. Toricred, in general it might be better to use client side properties, so that features can be configured separately for each client. Otherwise nice job on your first import !

Dirk
Old 08-08-2006, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually, it's probably best not to specify which properties file. SetProperty() and GetProperty() should be sufficient for most things, and (unless I'm mistaken) will use the "right" properties file.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the tip. I got the SetServerProperty from some other import. I guess it's not quite right. I've only installed it on my server and that's probably why I missed it. I'll fix it and get it uploaded tomorrow.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
Sage Icon

OK, maybe it won't take that long. It should be up now.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

OSD Clock Version 1.0.1

This plugin will allow you to place a small clock in the lower right corner of the screen while video is being displayed. You can toggle this on/off in the Customize screen of Detailed Setup.

This import will work with both SageMC and the original STV.

This is available at: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=101

Any suggestions for improvements should be posted here or PM me.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:28 AM
Sage Icon

I'd suggest associating the on/off toggle with a remote button.

Scott
Old 08-22-2006, 07:09 PM
Sage Icon

I might be able to do that. What button would you want it associated with?

One idea I came up with was to allow any corner of the screen as configured in the setup. Would anyone be interested in that?
Old 08-22-2006, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

That might be OK for mice but I use only a remote so I would prefer a button. Or could you add it to an option screen in the STV to enable/disable? Or would that have to be specific to the STV?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 08-22-2006, 11:38 PM
Sage Icon

In the customize screen of detailed setup, give an option to link it to your choice of Custom 1 - Custom 5. That way you can choose which remote button and which Custom command so it won't conflict with another STVi's Custom command. (Some of the other STVi's have already chosen a particular Custom command. You might end up w/ a conflict if you choose a particular one. IMO, all STVi's should give you the choice but it might not be possible. If so, try to choose one that's not used by the most popular imports.)

Scott
Old 08-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
That might be OK for mice but I use only a remote so I would prefer a button. Or could you add it to an option screen in the STV to enable/disable? Or would that have to be specific to the STV?

Gerry
I was actually planning on putting a menu in Detailed Setup such that you could select the position (any of the four corners) and it would be there. I had no intention of allowing the mouse to move it.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Sage Icon

I've had a report that somebody couldn't get the import to work with the new version (6.10) of SageMC. Mine worked fine. Has anybody else had the same problem? I'm trying to find some clues since I can't recreate it.
Old 08-30-2006, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
I've had a report that somebody couldn't get the import to work with the new version (6.10) of SageMC. Mine worked fine. Has anybody else had the same problem? I'm trying to find some clues since I can't recreate it.
works fine for me. It would be useful for me to have the clock display seconds in addition to hours and minutes though.
Old 08-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred
actually, one problem I am having is that in placeshifter, adding the plugin works, but after exiting and reconnecting placeshifter, the osdclock setting in options is gone. I have to re-import it every time I run placeshifter. looking in the client properties file, i do see this listed:

wbs/display_osd_clock=true

I am not sure whats up.
Old 08-30-2006, 07:41 PM
Sage Icon

Adding the seconds would be really easy (that's how I originally wrote it, but thought most people wouldn't want it). I could add a toggle for format, unless everyone would prefer the seconds.

I don't have placeshifter and don't know much about how close it is to the full client. I assume most other imports don't suffer from this problem.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuzzu
in placeshifter, adding the plugin works, but after exiting and reconnecting placeshifter, the osdclock setting in options is gone. I have to re-import it every time I run placeshifter.
Go to Detailed Setup -> Advanced -> Manage Placeshifter Users, then select the user name and change the settings to the desired STV.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-30-2006, 09:58 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the help Opus4. You saved me the cost of buying a placeshifter license for testing.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:27 AM
Sage User

thanks opus .. works now.
toricred ... seconds would be nice if you have the time to do it. perhaps even an option to change the text color of the clock would be cool as would be an option for date/time. but maybe that is asking for too much.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

I'm not promising for the next version (I should get started on it this weekend unless 5.1 comes out), but what colors would you like?