SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-28-2006, 06:33 PM
Sage Icon

Obviously there is software on the MVP flash, in one form or another. How much memory does it have?
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-29-2006, 09:58 AM
Sage Aficionado

The MVP has a hard-coded boot rom (hauppauge software) that loads everytime.

But the OS/GUI is loaded over the network into flash ram for GBPVR/Sage/and Hauppauge.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Sage User

Angry

Hi All,

I'm going crazy trying to get a set of HDX101's working with my wMVP. I've tried everything (including cycling power, dropping-in a switch between the HDX and the MVP) and am still stuck at the "Loading Application..." screen.

My speed is passable (39Mbps Tx and 62Mbps Rx according to the Netgear monitor) and the HDX works fine when connected to my laptop.

I'm running a fresh install of 6.2 and the wMVP works properly when connected via it's pathetic radio...

Any suggestions before I pack them up and return them to BB?

Thanks in advance

Jay
Old 11-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanqboy View Post
Hi All,

I'm going crazy trying to get a set of HDX101's working with my wMVP. I've tried everything (including cycling power, dropping-in a switch between the HDX and the MVP) and am still stuck at the "Loading Application..." screen.

My speed is passable (39Mbps Tx and 62Mbps Rx according to the Netgear monitor) and the HDX works fine when connected to my laptop.

I'm running a fresh install of 6.2 and the wMVP works properly when connected via it's pathetic radio...

Any suggestions before I pack them up and return them to BB?

Thanks in advance

Jay
Unfortunately, I'm going to have to reccomend packing 'em up.

I went through a few network packet captures with the guys at Sage, and they noticed some packet corruption on particular packets that the netgear routers consistently screwed up.

Netgear support was, of course, useless.

I'm am now running dd-wrt with some wireless bridges and everything works great!
Old 11-07-2007, 12:11 AM
Sage User

Done and done!!

I'm off to BB to build me a WHR-G125/dd-wrt bridge with my refund (and will still have plenty spare change left over), nice!

Thanks much for the reply.

Jay