SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-16-2006, 04:59 PM
Sage Expert

Comskip Playback Plugin for EDL -- Problem

I'm not sure where to post this. Since this is more of a bug report, I was expecting to be able to link comments to the plugin, but I didn't see a way to do that...

I wasn't happy with the old comskip addin because it cut things too close and I'd end up losing a few seconds of show and wondering if the problem was the accuracy of the cut or if a whole scene had been mistaken for a commercial. I saw the new plugin with adjustable setbacks from the cut points and this looked ideal. For the most part it works fine and lets me know for sure -- and it's more accurate.

My problem...
It sometimes just stops skipping commercials. I have to disable it and enable it again to get it going. I'm not sure exactly what causes this except that I think that it has to do with showing the progress bar close to the time when it is supposed to skip.

And, a feature that I'd like to see...
If I manually forward it to anywhere in a marked commercial segment, it skips to the end. So if Show Analyzer missed a commercial, I can easily resynch with the show.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 08-16-2006, 06:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770
And, a feature that I'd like to see...
If I manually forward it to anywhere in a marked commercial segment, it skips to the end. So if Show Analyzer missed a commercial, I can easily resynch with the show.
There is a similar function, but there is a good reason it doesn't work exactly as you're asking for it to. Let's say part of the show is mistakenly marked as the first part of a commercial break and Sage jumps past it. Pressing custom 4 takes you back to the mark and temporarily disables comskip for something like 12 seconds and then re-enables it after the time is up. If the entire marked block caused a jump forward as soon as comskip was re-enabled it would skip forward again and if it was still part of the show you'd miss it. Instead only the first few seconds of a marked commercial block will cause a skip forward.

If the first commercial of a block is missed and you want to skip past it and to the end of the marked block simply use custom 5. It jumps forward to the end of the next break.

I can't live without having custom 4 and 5 mapped to my remote.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
I
My problem...
It sometimes just stops skipping commercials. I have to disable it and enable it again to get it going. I'm not sure exactly what causes this except that I think that it has to do with showing the progress bar close to the time when it is supposed to skip.
I can second that I'm having the same issue, possibly something to do with FF and/or RW too much, then it seems to stop working. I'll be posting this in the main Comskip EDL forum as well as another big problem I'm having.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Sage Expert

Where is the main comskip EDL forum?

Thanks!

EDIT: You moved it. Thanks. (And now I know where to check and post next time ).

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
Synology NAS 22TB

Last edited by davidk21770; 08-18-2006 at 07:54 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:25 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by blade
I can't live without having custom 4 and 5 mapped to my remote.
WOW Thanks! I've linked these to both the keyboard and my remote.

Synology NAS 22TB
Old 08-17-2006, 04:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I used comskip for almost a year before I heard about them. They are very useful.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Maybe as an idea for sundansx for his plugin: I had a suggestion from one of the SageMC users to map the comskip functionality also to <Left> and <Right>, since they are not used while playing a video. I added this to SageMC, and I really like it (more convenient than Custom4/5, and now I can map something else to those buttons)

Dirk
Old 08-17-2006, 04:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar
Maybe as an idea for sundansx for his plugin: I had a suggestion from one of the SageMC users to map the comskip functionality also to <Left> and <Right>, since they are not used while playing a video. I added this to SageMC, and I really like it (more convenient than Custom4/5, and now I can map something else to those buttons)

Dirk
Actually if you use the miniguide the arrow buttons are used they can be programmed to bring up the miniguide. But since you can use the up/down arrows as well that shouldn't be a problem.

BobP.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Dirk
It's neither here nor there, but by mapping these to the left/right buttons, the internal volume controls now no longer work...

It shows you how much I change my volume from within Sage...

-Jason
Old 08-25-2006, 10:29 AM
Administrator

It needs to also use listeners for the "Right/Volume Up" and "Left/Volume Down" to catch the case for the 34 button Hauppauge remote, where the arrow keys do double duty. The default STV does this also, in the "MediaPlayer OSD" menu.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-25-2006, 12:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
It's neither here nor there, but by mapping these to the left/right buttons, the internal volume controls now no longer work...

It shows you how much I change my volume from within Sage...

-Jason
Hi Jason,

are you saying that because of this change in SageMC your volume control does not work any more ? I can of course add a setting to disable this again, but I'm a litte surprised since I could not find any other Left/Right listeners for the OSD menu or any referenced theme. My volume control is responding to Volume Up/Down as before ...

Dirk
Old 08-25-2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I could not find any other Left/Right listeners for the OSD menu or any referenced theme. My volume control is responding to Volume Up/Down as before ...
See my above post. The remote is using the commands that combine left/right arrows & volume, and in combo commands, the first command has priority when the combo listener is not found.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.