SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2006, 08:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Quote:
(now if I could control volume on my receiver)
Same here. I beleive we will need Girder for that, soon to come...

Miller
Old 11-01-2006, 07:29 AM
Sage Advanced User

Remote Code

I am using Sage 6 along with the most recent version of MC16x9

I am looking for the code that will take you to the top of the TV menu, in other words, the xml file I have for Firefly takes you straight to Live TV when pushing the TV button.

I have looked around a bit ond only found the codes for going to recording menu...etc.

Does anyone know what keys (or even better) what the command line would be to get you to the TV menu when the TV button is pushed?

JD
Old 11-29-2006, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

ok so I installed Girder and was able to program the Back button easily on that, the only problem is the Stop action was missing from the sagetv2.0.19.gml file I downloaded. If someone else has figured out what the proper command xml would be to include the Stop command could they please post it here so I can insert it into my file? thanks!!!
Old 11-29-2006, 05:08 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorius
If someone else has figured out what the proper command xml would be to include the Stop command could they please post it here so I can insert it into my file? thanks!!!
I don't know how to do it with Girder, but I just made a tool for customizing the Firefly remote (as well as the Streamzap remote). It is easier to use than Girder and the default profile should just work with SageTV (that is all the Play / Stop etc... button), but you'll have to create a dedicated profile if you want to use the other buttons (like Menu / TV / DVD etc...) but at least you have pretty easy GUI to customize what each button can do.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to millers_35
Sweet so I can use ur software instead of Beyone media basic? That would be awesome because BMB uses quite a bit of resources for something so simple.

Miller
Old 11-29-2006, 05:17 PM
Sage Icon

Hello,
Quote:
Originally Posted by millers_35
Sweet so I can use ur software instead of Beyone media basic?
Yes, it is designed to replace Beyond Media Basic, you can uninstall Beyond Media Basic, install the Firefly drivers (linked on my site) and install my software and you're ready to go.

You may also try my software without uninstalling Beyond Media Basic but only shutting it down. I guess it will also works if Beyond Media Basic does have the proper X10 driver installed for the remote.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

I know this is old and all but I found it searching.

For BTV converts using the Snapstream FireFly, EventGhost has native support for SageTV without focus and the Snapstream FireFly. It works flawlessly for me and it does a million other things on my setup too.