SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

how do I get the "play all" option in recorded tv folders?

I had it but lost it, I was playing with the remote and somehow pressed some magical button combo and had a different menu option to play all the videos in a tv shows folder, I have been waiting for this!!

now I can't figure out how to do it again

anyone know how?

Seth
Old 10-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Administrator

When you select a single recording/video, do you have that pop-up it set to Basic or Advanced? The Group options pop-up only appears if the single video pop-up is set to Advanced.

You could also just use the Play command while a group of recordings or videos is highlighted.

Finally, are you still using the latest default STV, or did you switch back to some custom STV?

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
When you select a single recording/video, do you have that pop-up it set to Basic or Advanced? The Group options pop-up only appears if the single video pop-up is set to Advanced.

You could also just use the Play command while a group of recordings or videos is highlighted.

Finally, are you still using the latest default STV, or did you switch back to some custom STV?

- Andy
I only imported comercial skip, otherwise it's default.

I don't see the play all option even when advanced is selected
Old 10-04-2006, 09:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd
I only imported comercial skip, otherwise it's default.
Just to test things, try it again with the default STV only. (SageTV3.XML)

Quote:
I don't see the play all option even when advanced is selected
Do you see playlist options for the group, on the right-hand column of the pop-up? Or the Delete option in the left column?

Are you sure you've selected a group of recordings, as opposed to future/past airings? Where & how exactly are you selecting the group?

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Just to test things, try it again with the default STV only. (SageTV3.XML)

Do you see playlist options for the group, on the right-hand column of the pop-up? Or the Delete option in the left column?

Are you sure you've selected a group of recordings, as opposed to future/past airings? Where & how exactly are you selecting the group?

- Andy
I see the playlist options.

Im not sure how I did it but it was an option to play the current folder of already recorded programs.
for instance I have a folder of the tv shows scrubs, with 3 recordings in it. I assumed the option was to just play all 3 in a row.

trying the defualt STV now
Old 10-04-2006, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

the default STV seems to make no difference

here are 2 screen shots of what I see.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tv1.JPG (111.3 KB, 211 views)
File Type: jpg tv2.JPG (121.3 KB, 200 views)
Old 10-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Technically, that is a custom screen, but...

1) In the first picture, you aren't highlighting the group of recordings on the left hand side.
2) In the second picture, you are on the detailed info screen for a single recording.

In both cases, if you use select for a single recording, you will get the options for that one recording. You have to select a group w/more than 1 recording to see options for the entire group.

- Andy
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK it sounds like I'm not selecting the group

here is a screen shot if I right click on the group
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tv3.JPG (123.2 KB, 193 views)
Old 10-04-2006, 11:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

success!
somewhat...

I changed my recordings folder view from malore to default, now it is just one list. now when I click on a folder I get the play all function!

SO I don't know if it's just me or would this be a bug report or feature request that the folder options work with the malore/mlbdude views as well.

thnkas for all your help andy!
Old 10-05-2006, 04:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
here is a screen shot if I right click on the group
A right click is the same as using the Options command. You want to left click the group to Select it. (And, it does use the group options pop-up on the 2-pane malore menus.)

- Andy
Old 10-05-2006, 06:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
(And, it does use the group options pop-up on the 2-pane malore menus.)
It works with the mlbdude menu as well.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:07 AM
Sage Advanced User

I think I should say that what WAS happening when I selected the group using either the left mouse button or the select on my MCE remote was the first item in the folder would just start playing.

I have been trying to recreate it. I did get it to happen again but I wasn't sure what I did. I switched back to the default STV and it went away.
I have been playing around with various options for viewing the folders. I even re-imported comskip and its all working fine the only other thing I did was change my background image as you can see in my screen shots.
Old 10-07-2006, 07:43 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I think I should say that what WAS happening when I selected the group using either the left mouse button or the select on my MCE remote was the first item in the folder would just start playing.
Unless you were using a pre-v6 STV when that happened, you may have had the malore menu Smart Select option set to use 'Smart' when an item was selected. For recordings, that meant it would start playing.

- Andy