SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Sage Expert

Nividia driver problems and fix

Last week I installed the latest beta driver for my Nvidia graphics card.. the driver number is 91.47.... After many frustrating hours of tweaking settings, the picture was dark and redish...I went to the NVidia Forums for answers and found this fix. I tried it and it worked for me. (Not sure what it does, it just worked..) So, I thought I would post it here, if anybody is having the same problems.

Copied from NVidia forum :

I have reverted to the NVIDIA classic display control Panel interface.If you goto the Color Correction settings, choose 'ALL' for the Apply color changes to drop down box and make sure you have the "all channels" selected in the other drop down box... then click "Restore Defaults", and then click Apply.

(do this for both your monitors if you have a multi-monitor setup.

This seemed to fix everything up for me... including playing normal media files, and also viewing HDTV tuner card.

Hope this helps somebody else...

Gary Ellis
Old 10-11-2006, 03:24 PM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks for the info. After messing around with the new control panel settings, I ended up with a very dark picture for video playback. I used the control panel to increase the brightness several times and it would work momentarily, but refused to save my settings. I gave up and unistalled the drivers and installed a newer version. If this happens again, I'll try this tip.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

WOW, this actually worked and did help with my dot crawl problem. Don't know how or why but it looks great now.

THANKS!
SageTV 4.1 / JVC Analog TV 27"/ 2.93G speed Computer/ 512mb Ram/ Pvr-150 / 45 Hauppage remote / Verto GeForce FX 5500 128mb svideo out/ Dishnetwork 501 box/VideoRedo Plus/ShowAnalyzer/DVDStyler Free Mpeg to Dvd recorder