SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Sage User

2 Small Features I Would Like To See

I am very happy with this new version (6) but I have 2 requests.

1. A browse by channel feature. I have browse by catagory but not channel. I miss this on sage. I used to use it on my tivo all the time. should be simple enough to add right?

2. Toggle full screen on placeshifter. like the client has. maybe i didnt see it. but I looked for a while. after going full screen i have to end the task cuz i can't toggle to a window.

Otherwise this version rocks. I use the Linux version and love it.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevintimm
I am very happy with this new version (6) but I have 2 requests.

1. A browse by channel feature. I have browse by catagory but not channel. I miss this on sage. I used to use it on my tivo all the time. should be simple enough to add right?
If you use the hidden features (Malore menus) you can configure one of the GUIDE options to display by channel.

BobP.
Old 10-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Sage Expert

1. Been a while since I switched from Tivo to sage so not sure what you mean by this.

2. Option is available on right click with mouse. Can never remember what button that corresponds to on remote.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark SS
2. Option is available on right click with mouse. Can never remember what button that corresponds to on remote.

I don't know if its me or not but i don't get that option. if i'm on the main sage screen and right click all i get are the video menu options. I'm looking for something like the icon next to the rec. icon on the top which lets you go to/from fullscreen. like the client.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix
If you use the hidden features (Malore menus) you can configure one of the GUIDE options to display by channel.

BobP.
Thanks. I've never played with that option before, I'll have to try it out

Last edited by Kevintimm; 10-18-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 10-18-2006, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevintimm
I don't know if its me or not but i don't get that option. if i'm on the main sage screen and right click all i get are the video menu options. I'm looking for something like the icon next to the rec. icon on the top which lets you go to/from fullscreen. like the client.
That icon, plus the Enter/Exit Full Screen command on the Setup menu, plus the Toggle Full Screen command on the OSD options menu (which you get by right-clicking during video playback) all work in Placeshifter in V6, provided you're using the standard V6 STV. If you're using some custom STV then those options might not work until the STV is updated for V6.

Remember that the entire UI is defined by the STV, so if you're using an older STV, you won't see any of the new V6 UI features.

That said, there seem to be some refresh issues with those menu items and icons in Placeshifter mode, so that they sometimes say Enter when they should say Exit and vice versa.