SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-26-2003, 11:52 PM
Sage Icon

Refreshing MP3 tag info for reorganization

I'm using Media jukebox as my main mp3 jukebox server on a separate computer from the system I'm setting up as my new Sage system. I would like to use sage's interface for wife-friendly mp3 playing, but as I navigate by artist, i have multiple entries because of letter case differences in the name.

Fine, so I go back to Media Jukebox, modify the ID3 tags, and re-launch sage, there is no change.

What does Sage TV use to arrange it's database structure? If it is the ID tags, is there a way to make it re-evaluate the tags and reset it's structure?

Thanks so much.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the MP3s reside on a network drive, mapped to the same drive letter on both machines. All the mp3s live on the network computer and their tags are modified by Media Jukebox from there.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:26 AM
Sage

Remove the Library Import Path from Detailed Setup, Apply the changes (wait about 10 seconds or so), then add that directory again and click OK.

When its removed, SageTV will clear all of the entries for those files out of the DB. Then when you add it again, it'll reparse all of the ID3 information and you should be good to go.
Old 10-27-2003, 04:49 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the quick response! It'll be great to have a perfectly organized, TV friendly GUI. Especially once I can make playlists.

I think it is absolutely awesome that you personally answer so many of the questions around here. It's so rare to find both a powerful piece of software AND unparalleled support.

Can't wait to get all my hardware together and really run things through their paces.

PS. Do you have a gallery of people's setups? I'm sure you're up to your eyeballs with development, but it would be really benefitial for people to be able to fully grasp what your program is capable of. It is difficult to get the ease of use and fully understand what "watch TV anywhere on the network" means w/o seeing some of the amazing setups some of your users have. This could be done easily w/ your BBS system. Just start a bragging thread...

Thanks again!