SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-30-2006, 01:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

.stvi imports with 6.013 not sticking

I submitted this bug, but wonder if it is only me?? Since upgrading to 6.0.13 I can't seem to get Sage to import any of my .stvi packages.. rather, they import but Sage does not create a new .xml file that incorporates them so when you close Sage it starts back with the stock .xml file.. so there are no *-1.xml, *-2.xml and such created...

Anybody else seeing this?
Old 10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

I see this to, the stock stv file does not change and a new one is not created but the imports are working in the current session. I used studio to save the stv to a new file and that kept the imports.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ditto for me. I used the import STVI to import several STVi's and that DID work. But I cannot select one and have it stick or create a new stv. Tested several times. It will stay for the one session only.

When I closed Sage to try a restart it told me that changes were made and asked me to save them. I did and it modified the existing stv without creating a new one. When I reopened it it had the same file name but all the new changes.

Definitely a bug. I am sending my log files.
Old 10-30-2006, 02:58 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by farfromuman
I see this to, the stock stv file does not change and a new one is not created but the imports are working in the current session. I used studio to save the stv to a new file and that kept the imports.
How did you accomplish that?? For a studio newbie (actually.. VERY newbie.. never used it!)

Thanks!
Old 10-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Administrator

You can save the STV by opening Studio (Ctrl+Shift+F12), then use the "Save As" command in the File menu.

If the the original SageTV3.xml file gets overwritten, it can be downloaded here.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:41 PM
SageTVaholic

This surely could not have been missed in beta testing geez. This is so annoying. Setup all the clients reboot and all the changes are gone. All my clents are keyboardless and headless. Not easy to a (Ctrl+Shift+F12)
Old 10-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can confirm that this is happening for me too in 6.0.13. Importing stvi's loads them in the current session, but does not write a new .xml file, so when you power cycle the client, the stvi's are not loaded anymore.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
This surely could not have been missed in beta testing geez. This is so annoying. Setup all the clients reboot and all the changes are gone. All my clents are keyboardless and headless. Not easy to a (Ctrl+Shift+F12)
You do know that v6 is still in beta, right? You install a beta at your own risk. Some things may get broken between version changes. That's why they release multiple public versions, so that everyone can test everything to make sure that nothing is broken. If you don't like features not working during the beta, go back to v5.

If your clients don't have keyboards (like mine), do it on the server.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyplayer
Hello....this IS the beta testing. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Beta Testing. Where anything can and does happen.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 10-30-2006, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky
Hello....this IS the beta testing. Welcome to the Wonderful World of Beta Testing. Where anything can and does happen.
You mean betas aren't perfect?
Old 10-30-2006, 04:17 PM
SageTVaholic

He fellas stop picking on me LOL :-). I got over it sniff!!! :-(
Old 10-30-2006, 04:52 PM
Sage Fanatic

Fixed for next build

Got confirmation just now from Sage that this bug has been found and fixed for the next build.. though we don't know when that will be... for now using the Studio 'Save As' method seems to have worked... If you have mvp's, like I do, I simply closed Sage and then edited the clients properties file to use the .xml file I saved using the above 'studio' method.. then restarted sage, went and unplugged all my MVP's and then re-plugged them in to force them to reload.. all is well for now..
Old 10-30-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuntman
Got confirmation just now from Sage that this bug has been found and fixed for the next build.. though we don't know when that will be... for now using the Studio 'Save As' method seems to have worked... If you have mvp's, like I do, I simply closed Sage and then edited the clients properties file to use the .xml file I saved using the above 'studio' method.. then restarted sage, went and unplugged all my MVP's and then re-plugged them in to force them to reload.. all is well for now..
After creating an STV using Studio on the Server/Client, you can just pick the new STV from within the MVP's Setup menu. You don't have to edit the config files. Changing STVs isn't the problem, it's importing STVI's and creating new STVs.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

If you install my Menu Shortcut Bars plugin any STVi you import after it will automatically be saved after the import as a side effect of my plugin. You will need to use Studio after importing my plugin to save the changes but all other plugins after that will get saved automatically.

Here is why:
The plugin runs code after every import to look for Custom1-5 commands in anything imported and transfer the code to it's local menu so that the Custom1-5 commands are thereby intercepted from any menu in the STV. After it moves this code it saves the the current STV whether there were any changes or not.

Sorry to hijack the thread to plug my own STVi but I thought this might help some folks with later imports if they don't want to get into studio to save the changes each time or just are worried that they might forget and have to do it again. This "feature" of my plugin will work very well on an MVP with this SageTV bug. Also I thought once installed you might like the features it makes available.

BobP.
Old 11-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

importing stv's don't stick after restart?

I didn't see anyone mention this.
but with 6.0.13 when I import any custom stv's it works fine and then when I exit sage and come back to it I am using the default STV.

can anyone else confirm this?

* Merged with existing topic *
Old 11-01-2006, 06:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by setherd
I didn't see anyone mention this.
but with 6.0.13 when I import any custom stv's it works fine and then when I exit sage and come back to it I am using the default STV.

can anyone else confirm this?
Many posts already confirm this. Look in the beta release post.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 11-01-2006 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

STV Importing not working properly

Not sure if this is a user error or bug, but I just noticed the STV import function is not working properly. I uninstalled my SageClient, deleted the program files\sagetv directory and reinstalled the Client. Now when I try to import STVi's no "backup" of the original STV is made. I also had to install some imports two or three times before they showed up in the STV. (Web Radio, Intelligent Suggestions, EDL ComSkip.)

Anybody else seen this or do I need a refresher course on importing into STVs?

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:40 PM
SageTVaholic

This is a known bug with 6.0.13 and is said to already fixed for the next release. Until then there are several workarounds.

One is to use studio to save the changes to the stv after installing all of your imports. If you do a search you should be able to find plenty of information on the other methods.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Administrator

I merged the latest question about this with the original topic & made it sticky until the next version is released.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I hate to be a grouch, but do you guys really have to fix 4096 bugs before you release the next build? Can't you just realease a build with what you've fixed already? It's been 2 weeks since we've been hearing that this has been fixed, and that's been fixed, but no new build on the horizon yet. Any time estimate at least?