SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 11-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lightbulb Sage Mobile

It'd be awesome if there were to way to have Sage in your car.

I have a carputer (I know, I really dislike that term, too) running XP with wireless Internet, GPS, etc. I would love the ability to pull into my garage, the carputer "senses" my home LAN, it syncs up with my in-home Sage then when I go out on the road with the kids I have all their "current" shows on my carputer in my "mobile" version of Sage. I guess it'd have to sync before I left the house to get the most current.

Any idea on how to make that happen? I really don't want to use the web version because using the Verizon national broadband internet connection in the car would get too spendy - streaming the shows.. naw. I know I can copy the files between two machines then the carputuer would have them in it's My Video section but then I'm dealing with odd/long/confusing show names. It'd have to also import the internal sage db files. (? the wiz.* and other crucial file I forgot the name of).

Hummm.... just an idea.

AWS
Old 11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWS
It'd be awesome if there were to way to have Sage in your car.

I have a carputer (I know, I really dislike that term, too) running XP with wireless Internet, GPS, etc. I would love the ability to pull into my garage, the carputer "senses" my home LAN, it syncs up with my in-home Sage then when I go out on the road with the kids I have all their "current" shows on my carputer in my "mobile" version of Sage. I guess it'd have to sync before I left the house to get the most current.

Any idea on how to make that happen? I really don't want to use the web version because using the Verizon national broadband internet connection in the car would get too spendy - streaming the shows.. naw. I know I can copy the files between two machines then the carputuer would have them in it's My Video section but then I'm dealing with odd/long/confusing show names. It'd have to also import the internal sage db files. (? the wiz.* and other crucial file I forgot the name of).

Hummm.... just an idea.

AWS
What you want already exists. Minus the Sage part that is - check out http://www.mp3car.com, and get more info on the streetdeck product. It's VERY cool.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 11-06-2006, 12:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, I use StreetDeck already. :-) Like the product a lot but for video stuff I prefer Sage.

AWS
Old 11-06-2006, 03:50 PM
Sage Icon

Unless you are planning to use tuner(s) in your car, you are really only looking for a media player. You would not likely be using any of the "features" of sage's PVR. Would you plan to access the guide for instance?

The simplest option may be to set up a sinc with your carputer that would sinc with your recording directory as well as any other media directories. Using a directory structure and generated XML files, you could probably use XLOBBY or another front end to look like sage to the users.

If you want to use the guide, it would be much more complicated.