SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 11-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Sage Expert

Comskip batch file for creating XviD

Download Avisynth 2.56 and Install

====================================================================

XVid Codec
Install Xvid codec if not already on your system

Create the following folders:
  • C:\Project
  • C:\Project\Source
  • C:\Project\Converted
  • C:\Project\misc
NOTE: C:\Project\misc is a temporary working directory

Plugins: Place directly in C:\Project When extracting zip files, beware that some of them may create sub-folders with c:\project. All the dll must be in C:\Project in order for script to work. Missing plugins is a common source of errors.Also download and extract the following to C:\Project
With notepad, open the file comsip.ini and change: output_vcf=0 to output_vcf=1

Download Besweet1.4 Extract to C:\Besweet

Download VirtualDub 1.6.17 Extract to C:\VirtualDub

You must create the following 2 batch files and
The 2 files MUST be saved to C:\Project

Convert.bat See Download Zip file attached

ProcessMpg.bat
Code:
FOR %%f IN (C:\Project\Source\*.mpg) DO call Convert.bat %%f C:\Project\misc\%%~nf.mpg

Now the fun part:

Copy one or several *.mpg files in C:\Project\Source making sure NO SPACES or non alphabetic characters (#$%") other than _ ( underscore) appear in filenames

Copy mpg files to this C:\Project\Source directory

Execute (double click) the Processmpg.bat in C:\Project
Now have supper, go to bed, go out, etc. Come back and you will find the
folder C:\Project\converted populated with Xvid Avi without commercials.[/url]
Attached Files
File Type: zip Convert1Pass.zip (2.1 KB, 773 views)

Last edited by roxy99; 01-11-2007 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

lol, don't even know what to say. I have been waiting for this and will give it a try after thanksgiving
Old 11-22-2006, 08:08 PM
Sage Expert

You can tweak the video line with optional filters such as XSharpen

Download and Extract to C:\Program Files\AViSynth 2.5\plugins this dll

Modify the video line in Convert.bat

Code:
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO  echo Video=MPEG2Source("%%B").Crop(8, 8, -8, -8).LeakKernelDeint(1,10,false,false,false,false,false,0).LanczosResize(512,384).XSharpen() >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"

Last edited by roxy99; 11-24-2006 at 02:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Sage Expert

It will work. Just need to verify those Set locations.

Is the directory Avisynth2.5 or Avisynth 2.5 with a space? Or maybe just Avisynth2? Check that and modify the set command accordingly.

Sorry about that- DGIndex.exe needed to be in the plugins folder. I modified the batch above.

Trust me it will work. Please post back with your results.

Also verify the paths for these lines:

SET AVISYNTH1=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
SET AVISYNTH2=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SimpleResize.dll")
set AVISYNTH3=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Leakkerneldeint.dll")

Last edited by roxy99; 11-24-2006 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 08:03 AM
Sage Expert

Also if the file name of the mpg has spaces or characters like "'$! etc, then rename it. Instead of spaces use _

EG: Star Wars Attack of The Clones.mpg

Rename to
Star_Wars_Attack_of_The_Clones.mpg

Or

StarWarsAttackofTheClones.mpg
Old 11-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
It now gets to "vdub.exe" after finishing the "transcoding" from "Besweet.exe" and then crashes. I changed to the "Avisynth2" dirs instead now, and just copied in the scripts again from this post. I have checked every line one-by-one and just can't find where it is having a problem. My files have no spaces, and they are doing much more now, but the last line I see before the window closes is "vdub.exe", and then it shortly closes then. I went through the whole install one more time just to make sure I had every file where it should be, but maybe I am missing something. I am still looking, but I just can't see a problem at all here....? Thanks for the help!

Okay try this:

1) Put a REM in front of these lines
IE

REM del %CAPDIR%\*.mpg
REM del %CAPDIR%\*.mpa
REM del %CAPDIR%\*.d2v
REM del %CAPDIR%\*.avs
REM del %CAPDIR%\*.vcf

2) Run the Processmpg.bat on your source again

3) Copy/paste the contents of the file ???.avs

I think avs file is not loading the right plugin directory, in other words

SET AVISYNTH1=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2\plugins\DGDecode.dll")

(just avisynth2)

vs
SET AVISYNTH1=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")

(avisynth2.5)

vs

with a space avisynth 2.5

Make sure these lines are consistent with the exact path of those dll files.

ALSO PLEASE VERIFY THAT YOUR AVISYNTH DIRECTORY IS IN FACT C:\PROGRAM FILES/AVISYNTH 2.5

Last edited by roxy99; 12-01-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 12:43 PM
Sage Expert

To verify that your avs file is valid, open it up in Windows media player. It should play without error. If it plays, then the avs file is valid. In which case there may be a problem with the Vdub script on your system.

Then I'd be surprised if it still craps out at Vdub for you and your avs file is valid.

To test the validity of the vcf file, load up Virtualdub.exe (Not VDub.exe!). In file menu, click 'Load processing Settings' and select the vcf file entitled [yourmviefile]new.vcf. Does it start to execute the compression?

If still no go, then exit Virtualdub.exe and edit the JudgeJoeBrown-2244800-0new.vcf file in notepad. You're going to Delete this line:

VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(3012,"AAA.....blah blah ");

Now try loading virtual dub with that vcf file. Any luck?

remming out this line will effectively cancel that compdata string in the future.

FOR %%A in (%CAPDIR%\*.avs) DO echo %VDUB14% >> "%CAPDIR%\%%~nAnew.vcf"

That's the compdata string which may be too specific to my system. It will work without the compdata string however, xvid resorts to defaults.

I'll show you how to generate your own specific comp data string later.

Last edited by roxy99; 11-23-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 01:49 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds23
I deleted that LONG line out, and still the same "Xsharpen" error in Media center, just FYI...
You should have Warpsharp.dll in your plugin folder, if so then it should work.

Keep that long CompData string now.

Modify instead the Convert.bat as follows:

To use XSharpen:

REM 4:3 screen
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO echo Video=MPEG2Source("%%B").Crop(8, 8, -8, -8).LeakKernelDeint(1,10,false,false,false,false,false,0).LanczosResize(512,384).Xsharpen() >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"

To NOT use XSharpen:

REM 4:3 screen
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO echo Video=MPEG2Source("%%B").Crop(8, 8, -8, -8).LeakKernelDeint(1,10,false,false,false,false,false,0).LanczosResize(512,384) >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"

Last edited by roxy99; 11-24-2006 at 02:20 PM.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:01 PM
Sage Expert

Glad you got it working!

XSharpen() works in YV12 color space. Depending on your capture card, your mpegs may be YUY or RGB whatever. ConvertToYV12().Xsharpen() May work for you. Hence, in front of .XSharpen(), you need .ConvertToYV12().

The thing I like about this method, is that audio synch is almost guaranteed. Ever other method I tried screws up the audio synch whenever I try to splice up the Mpegs to extract the commercials.

One of these days I'll learn Net framework programming and make a nice GUI. Until then, I think this is a great workaround. The batch file can be a scheduled event in your Task scheduler so that you can Move and copy selected episodes to your project folder on a schedule and convert friom say 2am to 7am in the morning.

I can tweak the Vdub script for 2 Pass encoding at some point. I find 1 pass good enough with a high enough bitrate for my needs.

I will provide a package for zip download but I need a public space to store the download. Does Sage offer this service? Its definatley worth looking into.

Anyone have a free webspace account with unlimited download restrictions. My personal ISP allows up to 25MB of activity per month and 5mb storage. The entire package is less than 1MB compressed, but if 50 people download it, I'll end up paying$$. Also I'd have to check on GNU requirements for distributing this.
Old 11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Sage Expert

You may also MSharpen(strength=100,debug=true) instead of XShrapen()

Also, you may have to add a couple lines to the batch

Code:
set AVISYNTH4=audio = WAVSource("C:\Project\Cutaudio.wav")
set AVISYNTH5=AudioDub(video, audio)
SET AVISYNTH6= LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Avisynth 2.5\plugins\MSharpen.dll")

Code:
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO  echo %AVISYNTH1% >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO  echo %AVISYNTH2% >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO  echo %AVISYNTH3% >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"
FOR %%B in (%CAPDIR%\*.d2v) DO  echo %AVISYNTH6% >>"%CAPDIR%\%%~nB.avs"
See attached file. Make sure the dll is extracted to your plugin folder.
Attached Files
File Type: zip msharpen_25_dll_20030408.zip (10.9 KB, 552 views)

Last edited by roxy99; 11-24-2006 at 02:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2006, 05:46 AM
Sage Expert

Did you change anything to make it XSharpen work?
Don't thank me, thank you : )

The only thing I can think of is that you needed to reboot your system for the registry settings to permit the Avisynth/Plugins default directory to initialize. Evidently your capture card is using YV12 as is mine so XSharpen() will work.

FWIW, MSharpen may be better because it supports most common colour spaces.

While it certainly would be nice to make an all-in-one Zip file, I may need permission from each of the authors to do this.(AviSynth,VirtualDub, Comskip, Lame, AVI2WAV, Besweet, Mp3toWav each have authors).

I am thinking that as long as the links on the first post are valid, then it should be easy for anyone to follow. Tell me what if anything I can do to make the guide more clear. I assume that Sage users are more IT saavy than typical computer users so this should'nt be too difficult for anyone here to follow.

Bottom line, I would'nt want to get sued so for now, I'll just link to the author sites and my services are limited to providing documentation and a batch file. All users of this software should be aware that I am only the author of the batch file.

Last edited by roxy99; 11-24-2006 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 01:02 PM
Sage User

I tried to install this; however, it is crashing out before it completes the conversion. Below are the contents of my avs file, but I should note that it refers to "cutaudio.wav" when in fact the file is cutaudio.mpa.

Anyone have ideas on why mine isn't working?

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll") 
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SimpleResize.dll") 
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Leakkerneldeint.dll") 
Video=MPEG2Source("c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0.d2v").Crop(8, 8, -8, -8).LeakKernelDeint(1,10,false,false,false,false,false,0).LanczosResize(512,384) 
audio = WAVSource("C:\Project\Cutaudio.wav") 
AudioDub(video, audio)
Old 11-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124
I tried to install this; however, it is crashing out before it completes the conversion. Below are the contents of my avs file, but I should note that it refers to "cutaudio.wav" when in fact the file is cutaudio.mpa.

Anyone have ideas on why mine isn't working?

Code:
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll") 
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SimpleResize.dll") 
LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Leakkerneldeint.dll") 
Video=MPEG2Source("c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0.d2v").Crop(8, 8, -8, -8).LeakKernelDeint(1,10,false,false,false,false,false,0).LanczosResize(512,384) 
audio = WAVSource("C:\Project\Cutaudio.wav") 
AudioDub(video, audio)
First of all, please verify if all plugins are in C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\

Next, Run the batch file from Command line mode: ie :

Open a Dos window
CD c:\Project
type "processmpg.bat"

I'd like to know if you See these programs executing:
DGINDEX
BESWEET
DELAYCUT

JDS,
An all-in-one zip would be warranted for sure. I just need to check legal issues.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:29 PM
Sage User

Okay I checked the plugins and they appear to be there with the correct path. I executed the bat file from the command line and saw comskip run and then DGINDEX. After that no other windows launch. I did add REM in front of all of the delete commands so I have the files generated by the programs. Let me know if you want to see any of them.

Here is the text from the command line window:

Code:
>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(0);  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-
0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1
,500,1,0,0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1,500,1,0,0);  1>>"c:\project\Ove
rhaulin-2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetClipMode(1,1
);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.SetClipMode(1,1);  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-23
24538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetConversion(0
,0,0,0,0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.SetConversion(0,0,0,0,0);  1>>"c:\project\Overh
aulin-2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetVolume();  1
>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.SetVolume();  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538
-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetCompression(
);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.SetCompression();  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-23
24538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.EnableFilterGra
ph(0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.EnableFilterGraph(0);  1>>"c:\project\Overhauli
n-2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetInputFormat(
0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.SetInputFormat(0);  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-2
324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetOutputFormat
(7);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.SetOutputFormat(7);  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-
2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,
1);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,1);  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-2
324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,
0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,0);  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-2
324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(
0x64697678,0,10000,0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(0x64697678,0,10000,0);  1>>"c:\p
roject\Overhaulin-2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(301
2,"AAAAAOgDAAA04ggAYzpcdmlkZW8ucGFzcwBvAC4AcABhAHMAcwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAkAEAAEFTIEAgTDUAIABMADUAAAAAA
AAADQAAAAEAAAAIERITFRcZGxESExUXGRscFBUWFxgaHB4VFhcYGhweIBYXGBocHiAjFxgaHB4gIyYZG
hweICMmKRscHiAjJiktEBESExQVFhcREhMUFRYXGBITFBUWFxgZExQVFhcYGhsUFRYXGRobHBUWFxgaG
xweFhcYGhscHh8XGBkbHB4fIQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAIAAACWAAAAZAAAAAAAAAABA
AAAAAAAAAQAAAADAAAAAQAAAAEAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGQAAAD0AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAABkAAAAZAAAAAEAAAAKA
AAAAQAAABQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUAAAAFAAAABQAAAAAoCgAAAAAAAQAAAAEAAAAeAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAEAAAABAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAsAQAAAAAAAAIAAAAfAAAAAgAAAB8AAAACA
AAAHwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAAAAAD3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA");  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.SetCompData(3012,"AAAAAOgDAAA04ggAYzpcdmlkZW8uc
GFzcwBvAC4AcABhAHMAcwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAAkAEAAEFTIEAgTDUAIABMADUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADQAAAAEAAAAIERITFRcZGxESExUXG
RscFBUWFxgaHB4VFhcYGhweIBYXGBocHiAjFxgaHB4gIyYZGhweICMmKRscHiAjJiktEBESExQVFhcRE
hMUFRYXGBITFBUWFxgZExQVFhcYGhsUFRYXGRobHBUWFxgaGxweFhcYGhscHh8XGBkbHB4fIQAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAAAAIAAACWAAAAZAAAAAAAAAABAAAAAAAAAAQAAAADAAAAAQAAAAEAAAAAA
AAAAQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGQAAAD0AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABAAAABkAAAAZAAAAAEAAAAKAAAAAQAAABQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUAAAAFA
AAABQAAAAAoCgAAAAAAAQAAAAEAAAAeAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIAAAAAAAAAABgAAAAEAAAABA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAsAQAAAAAAAAIAAAAfAAAAAgAAAB8AAAACAAAAHwAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAQAAAAAAAAD3AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA");  1>>"c:\p
roject\Overhaulin-2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear()
;  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear();  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-232
4538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.filters.Clear()
;  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.audio.filters.Clear();  1>>"c:\project\Overhaulin-232
4538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %A in (c:\project\*.avs) DO echo VirtualDub.SaveAVI (u"c:\project
\%~nA.avi");  1>>"c:\project\%~nAnew.vcf"

C:\Project>echo VirtualDub.SaveAVI (u"c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0.avi");  1>
>"c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0new.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %G in (c:\project\*.avs) DO "C:\Project\VirtualDub\vdub.exe" /s "
c:\project\%~nGnew.vcf"

C:\Project>"C:\Project\VirtualDub\vdub.exe" /s "c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0n
ew.vcf"
VirtualDub CLI Video Processor Version 1.6.17 (build 24469/release) for 80x86
Copyright (C) Avery Lee 1998-2006. Licensed under GNU General Public License

AVI: Opening file "c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0.avs"
Avisynth open failure:
AVIFileSource: couldn't open file 'C:\Project\Cutaudio.wav'
(c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0.avs, line 5)

C:\Project>del c:\project\*.wav
Could Not Find c:\project\*.wav

C:\Project>del c:\project\*.mp3
Could Not Find c:\project\*.mp3

C:\Project>FOR %A in (*.avi) do "C:\Project\VirtualDub\AVI2WAVCMD.exe" %A

C:\Project>FOR %G IN (c:\project\*.wav) DO "C:\Project\Lame\Lame.exe" --preset c
br 192 "%G" "%~dpnG.mp3"

C:\Project>FOR %G IN (c:\project\*.mp3) DO "C:\Project\Lame\Wavemp3.exe" -q "%G"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.Open (u"%C");  1>"c:\
project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.wav) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetSource (u"%C
");  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetMode(0);  1>
>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetInterleave(1
,500,1,0,0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetClipMode(1,1
);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetConversion(0
,0,0,0,0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetVolume();  1
>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.SetCompression(

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.EnableFilterGra
ph(0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetInputFormat(
0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetOutputFormat
(7);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetMode(0);  1>
>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetFrameRate(0,
1);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetIVTC(0,0,-1,
0);  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.SetCompression(

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.video.filters.Clear()
;  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.audio.filters.Clear()
;  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>FOR %C in (c:\project\*.avi) DO echo VirtualDub.SaveAVI (u"C:\Project
\Converted\%~nC.avi");  1>>"c:\project\%~nCAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>REM  Merge compressed audio with AVI

C:\Project>FOR %F in (c:\project\*.avi) DO "C:\Project\VirtualDub\vdub.exe" /s "
c:\project\%~nFAudio.vcf"

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.avi

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.vcf

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.wav

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.mp3

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.mpg

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.mpa

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.d2v

C:\Project>REM del c:\project\*.avs

C:\Project>endlocal

C:\Project>
Old 11-26-2006, 08:55 PM
Sage Expert

It looks like Besweet isn'nt running. There should be a cutaudio.wav generated from the cutaudio.mpa.

Also, try checking - if there is a space from the path in AviSynth2.5 (was AviSynth 2.5)
Blame Avisynth for the confusion because the installation ignores the path you select when setting its default for where it pickups the plugins from.

SET AVISYNTH1=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2.5\plugins\DGDecode.dll")
SET AVISYNTH2=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2.5\plugins\SimpleResize.dll")
set AVISYNTH3=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth2.5\plugins\Leakkerneldeint.dll")

VERSUS

SET AVISYNTH2=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\SimpleResize.dll")
set AVISYNTH3=LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\Leakkerneldeint.dll")

Last edited by roxy99; 11-27-2006 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:10 AM
Sage Expert

AVIFileSource: couldn't open file 'C:\Project\Cutaudio.wav'
(c:\project\Overhaulin-2324538-0.avs, line 5)

That confirms it. You're definately having a problem with the besweet which is supposed to generate the Cutaudio.wav. Therefor avisynth is not finding the audio source and Virtual dub crashes.

Make sure besweet is in its c:\besweet folder

Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:55 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the help I was able to figure out why it wasn't working. It turns out that when I combined all the directories into the Project folder I left out one place in the convert.bat file where it still had the old path.

Is there anyway to adjust the final output file size? It took a 1.95GB file and compressed it to 787MB. I was hoping I could get it down lower than that though. Any suggestions?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:00 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Thanks for the help I was able to figure out why it wasn't working. It turns out that when I combined all the directories into the Project folder I left out one place in the convert.bat file where it still had the old path.

Is there anyway to adjust the final output file size? It took a 1.95GB file and compressed it to 787MB. I was hoping I could get it down lower than that though. Any suggestions?
A 1 hour show minus commercials when converted gives me 370mb. You're inadvertently merging the wav audio instead of the re-streamed mp3.

Check all your directories for the Lame.exe file (should be c:\Lame)

Why did you alter the directory structure that I provided?
Old 11-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Sage User

I altered the directory structure because I like to keep the root of my c: drive as clean as possible. I figured by keeping everything except AviSynth in the project folder it would be more consolidated. Obviously, I should have been more careful in my directory location modifications.

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this. I went ahead and replaced my convert.bat file with the one on the first page. Then I changed all of the directories back to the updated locations. I am going to rerun a test file and I will let you know the results...370MB would be sweet.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
I altered the directory structure because I like to keep the root of my c: drive as clean as possible. I figured by keeping everything except AviSynth in the project folder it would be more consolidated. Obviously, I should have been more careful in my directory location modifications.

Thanks for taking the time to walk me through this. I went ahead and replaced my convert.bat file with the one on the first page. Then I changed all of the directories back to the updated locations. I am going to rerun a test file and I will let you know the results...370MB would be sweet.

Pay attention to those avisynth plugins locations also. Keep me posted