SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Placeshifter
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Placeshifter Discussion related to the SageTV Placeshifter application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Placeshifter software application should be posted here.

Old 11-22-2006, 09:53 PM

15 day trial

I have purchased a license of the Placeshifter program. I never received a link to download the placeshifter. I was able to find a 15 day trial version of it, but have yet figured out to stop the 15 day trial warning from coming up every time I start it.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Administrator

You should have received an email containing your Placeshifter license key. Appendix N (Placeshifter Client) of the SageTV PDF manual has info about how to register your Placeshifter client license -- it gets registered on your SageTV server PC, not on the PS client system. Also, you don't need to download a new Placeshifter client; the license simply clears trial mode for the installation you are already using.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-22-2006, 10:56 PM

The email I received said it was a 'Media Extender' license. I can only assume it's the same as a Placeshifter license key. I've entered the key and registered it on the computer with the server installed. But when I open the placeshifter on my laptop, the 15 day trial still comes up.
Old 11-23-2006, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith55js
The email I received said it was a 'Media Extender' license. I can only assume it's the same as a Placeshifter license key.
Yes, it is.

Quote:
I've entered the key and registered it on the computer with the server installed. But when I open the placeshifter on my laptop, the 15 day trial still comes up.
Did you close SageTV completely on the server, including the service if it was running? If not, close SageTV on the server, unregister the PS license, then reregister. Make sure you are trying to connect only 1 Placeshifter after restarting the server. If the problem continues, I would see what tech support suggests.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Sage User

i have the same problem as well.

I got a new laptop and was trying to make it work.

I unregistered it from the server.

closed both apps on both machines

then reregistered on server and then launched both...

and still 15 day trial
Old 12-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Sage User

ok, i take that back.

logging out of the 'service' did the trick

thank you
Old 12-07-2006, 02:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
The email I received said it was a 'Media Extender' license. I can only assume it's the same as a Placeshifter license key.
This is actually an hidden bonus if you also have an MVP. The license works on a PlaceShifter client as well as an MVP, just not at the same time. The licenses are tied to the number if devices being used, not the total number of devices.

So, if you go on vacation or go out of town, just unplug the MVP, and fire up your PlaceShifter wherever you are, and you are good to go!

HTPC: AMD ASUS M2N-E Socket AM2 Motherboard; Athlon 64 3200+ Orleans 2.0GHz; 2GB RAM; eVGA 256MB Geforce 7300LE; 1x40GB IDE HDD (OS), 2xSeagate Barracuda 320GB SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Overture II Case; Windows XP Pro SP2; SageTV v6.5
STV: SageMC
Video sources: Currently, none. I'm using SageTV for Music, Photos, and Video playback.