SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Sage User

SageTV 5 Crash

Were do I start. First, my hardware (amd 64 3.2, 1.5gb memory, 500gb drive for storage, XP, Ati x700 video, FusionHDTV Gold, Nvidia video decoder through theatertek). Second, everything works fine with the software that came with the capture card. And also with Beyond Tv 4.5.

Sagetv 5.0 crashes every time I make changes to the video and audio decoder. The error always point to the nvviddec.ax file. I have reinstalled the OS, hardware driver to the lastest and back again to the oldest. And all the software.

The audio never work properly. Every channel sound like its in a tunnel. The audio is going to my Denon av reciever though optical cable.

And lastly, the cpu never drops below 40% and spikes as high as a 100%. Which cause a choppy picture. I can only imagine what it would be if I had multiple capture cards.

I am still in the evaluating stage, but these problems are very discouraging.

Just to say it. All the other software I have tried works fine.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:21 AM
Sage Expert

Try a different audio codec. Sounds like Sage and your system don't like the one you're picking. Not every combination of audio and video codec will work.

Also, while you're trying to find the best combination, I'd turn off FSE (Full Screen Exclusive). That can be problematic in Ver. 5.0.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:25 AM
Sage User

These are my settings

Video Settings:
Video Renderer - VMR9
MPEG Decoder - Nvidia
DXVA MPEG - Default
DXVA Deinterlacing - Default
DScaller - Disabled
Audio - Default
MPEG2 Audio decoder - AC3Filter

I have change them to different combinations, but nothing changes. The very disappointing part, is when using the sagetv MPEG Decoder the cpu stays at a 100%. You would think the decoder that comes with the software would work better than that.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Sage User

This is all being done with the window reduced in size. I think that what you mean. Is there some way to tell it what audio connection to use. Line in, spdif, etc.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:58 AM
Administrator

Not sure what to say about the crash (you can turn on debug logging), but for cpu usage and stuttering, try turing off 3D Acceleration in Detailed Setup -> Advanced & use Overlay instead of VMR9 to see if that makes a difference, make sure you are running SageTV on your Primary monitor when using 3D Acceleration, and make sure your recording drive is formatted using a 64K cluster size.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.