SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:32 PM
Sage User

Smile Commerical Deleting

I am currently using Com Skip and with the Sage TV plugin and it works GREAT!

SageTV and my MVP skip the commercials like a charm...

Unfortunately, I am starting to archive my TV into Divx, but I need to delete
the commercials before I archive them.

I tried using com cleaner and it spliced out the commercials, but no player could play the files they were corrupted to all my players...

What can I use that will automatically strip the commercials, and that would work with DirMon so I can do just do it in on my media machine in my down time.

Looking for Advice
Old 12-10-2006, 10:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrowstyr
I am currently using Com Skip and with the Sage TV plugin and it works GREAT!

SageTV and my MVP skip the commercials like a charm...

Unfortunately, I am starting to archive my TV into Divx, but I need to delete
the commercials before I archive them.

I tried using com cleaner and it spliced out the commercials, but no player could play the files they were corrupted to all my players...

What can I use that will automatically strip the commercials, and that would work with DirMon so I can do just do it in on my media machine in my down time.

Looking for Advice

I dunno, something like this maybe... http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21737 or this one.. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21932

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.

Last edited by ke6guj; 12-10-2006 at 10:56 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ke6guj
Your first link is invalid..

As for the second, I went to that page after looking at the customizations page, but it said that second link is for Version 6.

I am running Version 5, and not a big fan of non-release versions, (yes I know RC = release candidate) I guess I can just wait for the coveted version 6.

Any other suggestions for Version 5?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, it looks like they combined the 2 threads, the 1 first one was the original, and the second was just an update. They got merged.

Any more info that that, sorry. I don't do commercial detection and anything I really want to archive without commercials, I do manually. I used VideoRedo to cut out the commercials and then convert to xvid manually.

Old 12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

As for the second, I went to that page after looking at the customizations page, but it said that second link is for Version 6.

I am running Version 5, and not a big fan of non-release versions, (yes I know RC = release candidate) I guess I can just wait for the coveted version 6.

If you download and install my Video Tools plug-in and skip all of the STV stuff you can use the "comm_cut_mpg_dragNdrop.bat" file I include to cut commercials with dirmon.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)

Last edited by evilpenguin; 12-11-2006 at 05:23 PM.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:08 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

Actually the second link is all you need and its version independent- the threads were merged at my request. Sage 5 or Sage 6 will do fine. The batch runs outside of Sage in a Command mode window. The batch file is ready to go as long as you install VirtualDub and Besweet as instructed.

Eventually I'll also get around to configuring it to run with Dirmon2 automatically.

Last edited by roxy99; 12-12-2006 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:31 PM
Sage Expert

I tried a lot of different programs and none of them consistently produced files that would play back properly. I finally tried video redo. Great program (http://www.videoredo.com/). Show Analyzer will generate vprj files. Configure windows to open them with video redo and it takes a while minute or 2 to review the commercial skips (using tab, shift-tab to jump between commercials and shift-arrow to move back and forth a second to make sure you're at a commerical). You can easily adjust for the occasional SA mistakes and save the cut file. Has worked every time for me and I've done a whole lot of files since getting it. The only drawback that I've found so far -- it's not free <sigh>.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 12-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Sage Expert

VideoRedo is not free and doesn't encode to Divx. Try Evilpenguin's or roxy99's batch file first since you have nothing to loose.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

Unfortunantly Evilpenguin's mod does not work with digital tv nor does Scoful's Minirecode. Im not sure about Roxy's batch file tool, but I doubt it.

Ive only had succes with digital tv after first running it thru Videoredo. The occasional file would go thru Divx ok w/o it but not on a regular basis.

After doing some testing with mencoder ive discovered digital TV seems to go thru it ok with no pre-processing. However edl cuts dont work. FFmpeg just screws the file up.

Im working on a plugin that will work with digital tv. It will require VideoRedo to be installed, howver you will never need to open it.

Ive pretty much got the java code down (this writes the batch file). But ive never done an STVi so that may take a long long while.

Note: The plugin will use Comskip/SA edl files for commercial removal, not Videoredo (thats only for a stream fix).

Last edited by lobosrul; 12-13-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobosrul
Unfortunantly Evilpenguin's mod does not work with digital tv nor does Scoful's Minirecode. Im not sure about Roxy's batch file tool, but I doubt it.
So I'm just yanking everyone's chain? Do me a favour, before you express doubt, try it. I'm using it and it works like a charm.

I don't know what you mean by 'digital tv' but its all analog once passes through S-Video or composite. It becomes digital after the video capture card re-converts it to an mpeg2 stream. I can assure you that thats standard fare.

FYI-- I did this batch file for myself and decided to share with you all. I use it all the time myself.

EvilPenguins works too I'm sure or he/she would'nt take the time to do all that.

Last edited by roxy99; 12-13-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxy99

I don't know what you mean by 'digital tv' but its all analog once passes through S-Video or composite. It becomes digital after the video capture card re-converts it to an mpeg2 stream. I can assure you that thats standard fare.
Digital TV doesn't always get captured as analog. If you have a digital OTA tuner, a firewire'd STB, or one of those new QAM tuners, you are actually capturing in digital. It is never in analog form at all.

Old 12-13-2006, 03:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Actually, he's right, my tool doesn't work for any mpeg-ts (HDTV or pre-encoded SDTV) files right now, at least the compressing doesn't. The DVD creation still works fine though.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Sage User

Awesome!

Thanks Penguin and Roxy, I will give them a shot, now that I know
I have 2 options!

This is going to be awesome, I am excited. =D

-SorrowsTyr

Thanks for all your hardwork in this, many HTPCs are thriving because of things
like this.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:03 PM
Sage User

Roxy --

Your scripts and everything works as advertised and very easily
might I add with your script !

Thanks!
I will just have to try out Penguins stuff too.

Any suggestions for removing commericals out of my already converted
divx files ?

Thanks guys!