SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-22-2006, 11:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

Importing media

I just upgraded to V.6 and I've bee looking forward to checking out it's new music capabilities. As of now, I'm having trouble importing media of various types.

The media I'm trying to get to is on another computer and the drives are shared on that computer and mapped on the Sage sever. I can see both drives that have the media I want when I go to: Browse media files-play selected media file. I have no problems browsing or playing any file.

When I go to Detailed setup-general-Media center import directories- The drives do not show up directly, like they do under "browse media files". A while ago, I was seeing one of them under network drives, but now I'm seeing neither of them. I have attempted to specify the name as M:\Music and sage could not create the directory, I also tried as \\Computername\M:\Music. Sage seems to create that, but I don't seem to be able to get an import even after refreshing imported media.

Anybody have any ideas for me to try?

Thanks,
MBrew
Old 12-22-2006, 11:39 AM
Sage Expert

Assuming that you have the folder shared as Music on the Computer, try \\ComputerName\Music. I don't think that mapped drives work in Sage, and it from your post, it looked like you were typing in the UNC path incorrectly.

HTH,
Stu
Old 12-22-2006, 12:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks Stu,

That was a good catch. I tried changing it and still no joy. Currently Sage is seeing that drive under the network as \\comptername\music (M)\music. That is the share name I used, but it still doesn't want to import. I'm listening to music now that I started by going to "browse media files-Play selected media file-M:\Music\Alllman brothers\..."

I can also get to the V drive and watch videos by doing the browse media route, but I can't see it reguardless of what I try in the import media area.

Mike
Old 12-22-2006, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Is M a mapped drive? If so & you are using service mode, the service can't access mapped drives. UNC paths will work if the service is running logged in as a user w/a password who has permission to access that path.

Try finding the directory in Windows Explorer, then copy the path from the Address line at the top. In SageTV, go to Detailed Setup -> General -> Import Dirs -> Add New Dir -> Specify, then use Shift+Ins to paste the path. Maybe it will take it that way.

In v6, you can use Shift+Ins to paste text into a text entry field.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:43 PM
Sage Advanced User

Andy,

You are THE cat! I just started using the service a couple of weeks ago. I had read about the mapped drives a long time ago, but forgotten about them. I simply set the service up to run as the account we normally use and I had music! One step closer to doing away with MCE!

Thanks,
MBrew