SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

NO TV Guide

My computer has been offline for the last month do to some hardware issues. When I finally fixed it a couple of nights ago, I installed V6. What I have noticed, and not sure if it is related to V6 or the fact that I haven't been online for a while, is that I can't get any TV Guide information. I just have No Data.

I redid the configuration aspect, setting the location and cable company. It displays all the right channels, just no data.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
Administrator

You just tried getting EPG data, or you've waited for it to download over these past couple days?

See these 2 FAQ entries for firewall ports and EPG not updating issues.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

I just tried to get the data, haven't really waited more than a couple of hours.
Old 01-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'll take a look at your suggestions, and let you know if it helps.

Thanks,

Jason
Old 01-19-2007, 04:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried the suggestions, nothing seemed to help. In addition the software would hang very often even when doing simply things such as scrolling through some options.

Video playback was strange as well, a ghost of the menu would linger on the video for several seconds.

Eventually I gave up, and reverted back to my last image of Sage V5. Seems to be too many issues at this point of time that I want to deal with. When V6 becomes more stable, I'll upgrade.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Sage User

Hi,

Same for me. My HTPC was off for a few weeks. Then I changed my tv card for a DVB-T one and installed sageTV 6. It works fine except the tv guide. Sometimes it's empty, sometimes I only get the shows that are currently on and the ones coming just after, nothing more. I use the tvtv service. Unfortunately my tvtv registration expired yesterday and my sageTV evaluation period also expired (I've got a V4 license). In that situation I really wonder if I will buy an ugrade license and the registration for one year for tvtv service. Please help ! ;-)

Thanks for your help.
Fred